• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri "Show Mask" option yields a black screen

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after selecting a color with the eye dropper and clicking "show mask" on HSL Secondary I get a blank screen independently if I chose Color/Gray, Color/Black or White/Black from the Mask drop down menu. Could you please help? Premiere Pro 15.4.0 (Build 47) running on a Mac Mini (M1, 2020) with macOS Big Sur v11.5. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 9.49.29 AM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

I presume you tested it without reinstating your prefs.

This is weird, unfortunately I cannot replicate and I don't have M1.

As a workaround, are you able to apply your initial corrections on one Lumetri effect and then your secondaries on another instance of the effect. Not ideal I understand, but does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very weird.

Since you've already trashed your prefs, the next step I guess would be a uninstall/reinstall. Try doing it first through the CC app and then if that doesn't help, try the cleaner tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good. I'll have to wait til EOD to do that, but I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks, Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

It's been crazy busy, so I just had time to unistall/reinstall via the CC app and that didn't work. I'll try tomorrow with the cleaner tool. Thanks for the link. Do I need to delete the prefs as well or can I keep them when the unistall app asks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually backup your prefs beforehand if you like, but I would definitely remove them when the installer asks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Will do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, I tried both, CC app and cleaner tool to uninstall/reinstall Premiere, and unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue: unless I dissable the curves panel the HSL Secondary eyedropper doesn't work. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume you tested it without reinstating your prefs.

This is weird, unfortunately I cannot replicate and I don't have M1.

As a workaround, are you able to apply your initial corrections on one Lumetri effect and then your secondaries on another instance of the effect. Not ideal I understand, but does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I got it working. As long as I use the HSL Secondary eyedropper before I enable the curves it works, but it is--as you well mentioned--weird. Thanks for all the help, Mike. I guess we can close this thread and hopefully it'll get fixed with the next Premiere version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edanrogo,

The render order of certain effects can have this effect, especially when you are playing with either color or masking. Here, you are touching both those things.

After all, video effects are actually arithmetic expressions where certain operations can cancel each other out. Another example of this is having to nest either Warp Stabilizer or Speed effects as both cannot exist in the same container.

Anyhow, glad you got it solved. It will help others, I'm sure. Sorry for the frustration. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Kevin. No need to apologize. It's been an amazing expirience with everyone helping to figure this out. You guys have an excelent and super friendly and professional community here at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines