• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LUT auto applied to Sony Venice .mxf files on import in Premiere

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with a feature film that was shot on the Sony Venice. Whenever I import the raw .mxf files into Premiere Pro (2020) it seems to be auto-applying a LUT to the footage. Solutions like the Amira Lumetri workaround, and "disable masterclip effects" aren't relevant and don't solve the problem.

Looking for help with this. Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Nothing happens when I do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it, "Interpret Footage>Color Space Override: Switch to Rec. 709"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Scott!!! That's it! Thank you! 

As long as all the clips were the same media type I was able to select all, interpret footage and change the color space to REC 709. 

Seams counterintuitive because the footage was actually shot in Slog 3, but that's the solution to take off the auto LUT applied to Venice footage! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, check the Source tab of the Effects Control Panel (ECP), as one staffer has noted some Venice clips aren't "color managed" yet via the Modify/Interpret Footage controls, but do have a Setup panel in in the ECP Source tab.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that worked for me to switch lots of Sony Venice footage to s-log 3 all at once.

First, select any of your clips, open up Effects Controls, change the color space to s-log3, then right click the 'Sony RAW MXF Source Setting', copy, highlight the rest of your footage, right click and paste. I had to right click to copy and paste. Using hotkeys didn't work for some reason. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines