Exit

LUT only appears in sequences

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I have a strange issue which I cannot seem to resolve:

There is a LUT being applied to two clips in my sequences without my consent. The LUT is not applied directly on the clip.  So when I load the clips into the source window, there is no LUT. Only when I bring them into any sequence, they have a LUT.

There's no "master effect" so the "remove master effect" is greyed out in the project window. I've unlinked/relinked the media and even deleted it from the project, but when I bring in the clip from the source to the timeline, the LUT is applied. I also tried deleting the media cache, uninstalling/updating premiere - no luck. 

Any ideas on how to remove these LUTs from the sequences? They are only on two clips (of over 50) all from the same camera (sony fx6) with the same color space (slog3.cine). 

Any words of advice on how to deal with this? No other clips are affected and when I export those two clips are horribly over-saturated. I'll post to the adobe forum, but I was wondering if you have any ideas that I could try. 

Running on a mac, not sure if this helps!
TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't any mysterious LUT ... that sounds like the "simple" issue the Pr2022 version is having with color space defaults, especially with log-encoded media. Pr2022 has a completely new underlying color system, and besides working very differently than previous versions, and having new default behaviors opposite of previous versions, it also has some broken things.

Especially ... with some Sony and Panny cameras and their in-cam log encoded files. Including ... yours.

The wonder isn't that some of your log-encoded files are problematic in Premiere. It's that most of them aren't!

Have you tried selecting the files in the bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage ... see if the Override to Rec.709 is available, and if it helps.

Some of media from the Sony and Panny cameras with this issue won't even get the option to override to Rec.709. But it's being displayed as if it was HDR ... specifically, HLG. That's a real problem.

It's acknowledged by the engineers, we're all awaiting a fix, but ... it's been over a month they've been working on it. Hoping it will come soon. I have no definition of "soon" however that I can guarantee ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @R Neil Haugen ! You solved a mystry for me that I've been having for a while now since I upgraded to 22.2 and it still exsist in 22.3.1. The only solution for me was to downgrade premiere to 12.1.2.

I have slog3 footage and had the same issue @Christian5F84 is having. The solution you mentioned worked for me! I just selected all clips, right click modify, interpret footage and change the color management from: (Use Media Color Space from file: Sony S-Log3/S-Gamut3.Cine) to (Color Space Override Rec.709). Thanks again Neil! You're a life saver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The public beta has a transform option in the clip color management for S-log3-cine that is gorgeous on the clips I've used it on. Transforms of course are a far more complex process than a LUT.

I'm eagerly awaiting that transform getting pushed out to the shipping build. But if I had a project with much of that media, I'd probably work it in the beta right now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, R Neil!!! This was driving me bonkers. Your solution is a real clip n' save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this clear explanation. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the replies. 

I loaded up the project on my laptop and the problem went away. I'm under deadline so I can bother to troubleshoot the other computer but this is something that I will worry about in the future. I tried all the suggestions, none seemed to work - except change computers. My laptop is running premiere 22.0 and the mac pro is running 22.2 - so that might be the culprit there too. 

Thanks again! I'll circle back when I can get sometime to trouble shoot on the mac pro. 

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right, and reverting the version on the desktop might do the same. I never saw this issue in the public beta builds for the 2022 series, it started after release of the shipping version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines