• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LUTs are not taken into account during export by the Media Encoder.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello group,
I have recently had the problem that when I export videos from Premiere via the Media Encoder, the selected input LUT is not applied. When I export the video directly from Premiere, it is applied. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be and a solution?
It used to work, I suspect it was due to the last update.
Key data:
Recording: R6 in 4k/50fps, C-Log
Export setting: Match with source - High bitrate (serves to exclude possible setting errors on my part)
Premiere Pro: 15.4.1
Media Encoder: 15.4.1
OS X: 10.15.7
iMac: iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2019)
Already 1,000 thanks for constructive solutions. 😊

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Where did you put that LUT on disc? I ask, because if you added that to the folder of LUTs within the package/program files with the original "shipped" LUTs, this is exactly what would be expected.

Each app (PrPro, Me, Ae) has their own copies of that folder, and references them not by name by by relative position ... e.g. "third one down". So the program/package folder LUTs have to be identical across the apps. And if the user adds then removes things, the app will use whatever it was 'told'

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you put that LUT on disc? I ask, because if you added that to the folder of LUTs within the package/program files with the original "shipped" LUTs, this is exactly what would be expected.

Each app (PrPro, Me, Ae) has their own copies of that folder, and references them not by name by by relative position ... e.g. "third one down". So the program/package folder LUTs have to be identical across the apps. And if the user adds then removes things, the app will use whatever it was 'told' to do ... the third one down, even though it wasn't originally used.

They do have a chart of where users are to put their LUTs for use, one location that all three apps will look into for the named LUT.  On your compputer, navigate to the folder locations shown below. For some reason users need to add the final folders, the Technical and Creative folders, to the disc. Then you put your LUTs in the appropriate folder.

For use in the Basic tab drop-down list, park LUTs in the Technical folder.

For use in the Creative tab's drop-down list, park LUTs in the Creative folder.

Now any LUT you use will be used across all three apps, PrPro, Ae, and Me.

I might add ... many technical LUTs can clip or crush data that is outside the range the LUT was "built" for. And that means that users may need to "trim" a clips tonal values prior to the LUT while viewing the results. So I normally actually apply corrective/tech LUTs in the Creative tab, so I can use the Basic tab to trim the clip if needed to fit the LUT expectations.

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello R Neil,
many, many thanks for your detailed answer, that was exactly the solution to my problem! 🙂
Best regards
Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines