Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

luts not showing up

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so many things wrong with this I'm very close to switching to something else. I have all my luts and they won't show creative look folder and I go to the folder and only 40% of my luts are showing it was working fine before the update. also half of my projects disappeared but I'm not even mad about that just please fix these simple things I'm just trying to pay my bills, please.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried install previous version of PP by using creative cloud app?

You can install your most stable version (15.4) and newest version (22.0) on same machine. Try it.

==============
Okie Eko Wardoyo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has literally just happened to me. Everything was running smooth and fine and then auto update dropped the new version on our system. This is quite frankly a joke... I'm beyond tired of this nonsense from Adobe. 'Installing a previous version' is not a fix. 

Unprofessional and beyond inconvenient to creative business' all over who are trying to get things back up to full speed after a pandemic. Adobe is no better than all the other huge corporates. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right, Adobe is no better ... nor worse, actually ... than any other huge corporate operation. It's a massive group of people ... like all the others. Which means everyone working with their product, like everyone using any other product, needs to take some responsibility for their own working sanity.

Such as checking the CC app options routinely. It can reset itself, and all users should ALWAYS make sure the "auto-update" option is NOT selected. Also, make sure the 'remove prior versions' option is unchecked for any update you choose to run.

Next, NEVER open a project in new major version. Always create a new project file, then from the MediaBrowser panel, navigate to and select the old project file. Right-click it, IMPORT the assets into the the new project file. This gets the cleanest new-version project file and leaves the old one untouched and still usable in the old version.

Now as to LUTs ... the problem of a new version not seeing "your" LUTs nearly always is because of users putting their LUTs in the program/package file folders.

USERS SHOULD NEVER EVER under any circumstances add LUTs to the program/package folder LUT location. They have a chart showing were to park your LUTs so that all the applications will see them and use them correctly.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines