Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luts selection are not saved

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i say this. 

I work in a project and selected a lut, works fine.  The lut name is slog3 after a while i decide to add a new lut in premiere folder which name is ARRI. Well after i enter to my old project which lut was selected slog3 now i find it that it selected the new lut ARRI and not the one it was before. 

How can i make so that this won't happen? It shouldn't happen in the first place. 

Numbers don't work if you have multiple luts, more than 9, alphabet it might work but this is not a good solution

Here in the image it was selected slog3 i've added 4 new luts and it was a mess. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users should never ever add LUTs into the Premiere LUTs folder ... period!

In that folder, LUTs are accessed by relative position during alpha-numeric sorting, NOT by name! And those folders are expected to be the same in all three apps, Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, and MediaEncoder.

Load a LUT in the Premiere LUTs folders, apply it ... send that sequence to Me for export ... and it will apply the LUT below that one in your list in Premiere. It will not see that LUT!

User LUT storage locations

They have two places that can be used, where ALL the Adobe apps will see and apply the LUTs from one location.

I recommend the following:

Program Files (PC) {Package files (Mac)} /Adobe/Common/LUTs

And within that folder, if there aren't already, make Input, Technical, and Creative folders.

Color management LUTs go in the Input folder.

Basic tab LUTs go in the Technical folder.

Creative tab LUTs go in the Creative folder.

Now ... apply the LUT from the dropdowns in all three locations, and they will work. Send to MediaEncoder for export, it will apply the same LUT you selected.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it work? If i add a new one everything will be messed up  in either of the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not at all.

Again, do NOT put your LUTs where the app's LUTs are stored ... put them in the location I listed above. Every time Premiere launches, it searches for the User app folders, and adds any it sees to the list for dropdown use in the appropriate part of the app.

Those USER folders are searched by name ... so it doesn't make any difference if you add or delete LUTs, which I do all the time. If the LUT is there, it will be used.

But yes, if you use the Premiere LUTs folder, any changes messes everything up.

Which is why users should not ever add or delete anything in the Premiere LUTs folders.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines