Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 iMac and M1 MacBook Pro, Sluggish Premiere interface

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have both an M1 iMac, fully loaded and an M1 MacBook Pro 13" with 16GB RAM each. Issue: Premiere interface slows down over time. Acts like a memory leak. Clicking on UI elements becomes a click and wait proposition. Once I save the project, quit and restart Premiere it is fine for a while.  Same project opened on an Intel iMac does not exhibit this issue. Any thoughts from the collective?

Regards,   Kevin

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

Sorry about the trouble. Does it happen on a specific project? Could you post the screenshot of the Memory? Preferences > Memory.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thanks for the swift reply. The slowness isue is not consistent. I have yet to discern a pattern of when it occurs or what is an obvious trigger to make it happen. I edit on external LaCie spinning drives connected via USB-C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an update. M1 MacBook Pro 13 and M1 24" iMac. The issue has been a delayed response time when selecting items in the menu system while using Premiere Pro. I discovered by accident yesterday that by closing the Essential Graphics panel (which I keep open and undocked) the slow menus and dragging of items in the interface speeds up to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 systems have had issues with external devices. Does the issue happen when working of the internal Storage or an external SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joost. My workflow is all on external SSD. I've since tried the projects on a 15" Core i9 MacBook Pro. I did not see the issue repeat there. The only time it seems to occur (slow to open menu items and slow dialog boxes) is when I have the Essential Graphics panel open. I typically keep that window open in my workflow as an undocked window on a second monitor. Closing the panel makes the slow interface issue dissappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are your media files and/or project files on the main drive? if so, consider using an external

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines