Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 Max MacBook Pro - extraordinarily long rendering times in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am absolutely not an expert. So it is possible that I just made some mistakes which are responsible for these rendering times. But as I did the very same as on my old Dual Core Windows PC I really wonder why rendering takes so horribly long on a pro Laptop with M1 Max.

My video project consists of three layers:

- the audio file: a 15 minute podcast

- one picture (1280 px x 720 px) that is shown for the whole 15 minutes 

- an adjustment layer that displays an Audio Spectrum of the Podcast (After Effects composition)

Exporting this video in the format "Apple Quicktime - Apple ProRes 4444 XQ with Alpha" takes about 4 (!) hours.

Exporting the video in H264 takes also hours.

Can anybody from the Adobe team tell me if I made a mistake or if there is a problem with M1 Max and Adobe Premiere Pro?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best guess is that it's the After Effects Composition that's causing the slow down.

Try rendering that as Apple ProRes 4444 XQ with Alpha on the AE side and then replace the AE Comp in your Premiere Pro Sequence with that.  

Or... just build this in AE?

This is a finished edited, right?  ProRes 4444 XQ with Alpha is usually used as an intermediate format.  I'm not sure it will render any faster, but I'd go with ProRes 422 LT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using a pc and I have the same problem.  My workaround is to render out of AE because of the render time increases.

It really beats the whole BS out of about Dynamic Link which stinks.  Who runs Adobe and what is the their main goal?  It sure isn't about editors needing to finish work with Adobe tools that work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines