• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 Max PR memory leak "system has run out of application memory"

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone getting this "Your system has run out of application memory." warning constantly?

First of all, I'm using a 32GB RAM M1 Max Macbook Pro 16 inch. It only has 32GB of memory. How is it possible that Premiere is using 68GB of memory? I know there are some technology in the current macs that allows virtual memory on hardrive. If the system is using hardware space for memory, why isn't it allowing premiere to use all the freespace on my harddrive? (I have 400GB of free disk space left). This issue is very frustrating because I had to close the application after like 20 mins of editing. I don't have a lot of stuff in the timeline (less than 20 clips, color correction and audio correction effects only). I will do a clean reinstall and see if it helps.

iShot2021-12-02 09.40.25.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I know this must be frustrating, especially with such a new Mac that should be more than capable. I don't have an M1 so I can't offer any specific info on my experience -- though I have seen Premiere do a major memory spike on an Intel Mac before. I think part of the problem here is that they're still optimizing the code for the M1 chips and that this issue needs to be patched. I assume you're using v22.0? There have been several bugs in the .0 release and I expect a patch soon.

In the meantime: can you try booting Premiere as the Intel version and see if it works any better? Might run a bit slower but maybe it would let you get some work done. https://www.macworld.com/article/338843/how-to-force-a-native-m1-mac-app-to-run-as-an-intel-app-inst...

HTH,

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xiangzhou,

Sorry about that. Can you try creating a brand new project and then importing this problematic project into the new one? That can often times cure a project with a memory leak like this. Let us know if it helps at all.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently cutting a feature film (so the project file is large), but I've had memory leak issues for months. I'm on a brand new M1 (MAX) Macbook Pro 16 with 64GB of RAM and 4TB of SSD free. I'm running the project off of SanDisk SSD Extremes, but I've tried multiple drives, so I don't think that's the issue. Every time I open up Premiere, I'm getting memory errors up to 110GB of RAM being used by Premiere Pro. Additionally, I get green glitches on exports as well -- I can only encode using Software Only when exporting both prores and h264. Incredibly frustrating.

I've imported my project into a new project multiple times, and it solves the issue for a day or two at most. I've changed every preference option I've read about (software rendering, audio renders, cleared cache, etc). I've used Rosetta as well. Currently on Version 22.1.2. 

The only version that seems to work at all is v15.2. 

Finally, if I have AE open at the same time, it becomes unworkable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for your issue. One strategy you might consider is to break up your movie into smaller project files and combine it all in a Production. I have a large project that is much more manageable, now that only small chunks of it are open at any one time. I'm afraid larger projects are more subject to memory leaks, M1 machine, or not.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm going through exact the same problem.
I use M1 macbook pro, and my premiere project crashes when I try to preview the parts I applied red-giant plug-in.
It went fine few months ago, but the error started from June.
Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

learn davinci resolve! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is why I abandoned Adobe a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines