• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 Pro (Macbook Pro) H.264 export glitches

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just started working on a new Macbook Pro (M1 Pro 2021) and the first export I did with my normal workflow had a lot of yellow glitchy frames (I attached a screenshot) and some graphics disappeared randomly on the video. I have tried with different formats and codecs but I still have the same problem. However, the same project is exported smoothly by my Intel-based iMac. Is anyone experiencing the same problem, has anyone found a way around it? 

Thanks.

Javi.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Try turning off Hardware encoding in the Video tab of the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

It looks like the issue is fixed in the latest Premiere version 22.4. I've exported two projects since I updated it and I've had no more glitches so far. Thanks for the follow-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

@wakeupzuzi Please check the latest Premiere Pro 22.4. This issue should be fixed as also reported by many users now. Please report back in case you still see this issue.

Thanks, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have latest Premiere Pro?

What kind of raw footage do you want to export?

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for answering. Yes, I have the latest premiere pro version, and this time I'm not working with Raw footage, I'm working with stock videos also in H.264, and I've been trying to export it with these settings  H.264 > Match Sequence - High Bitrate. 

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Hardware encoding in the Video tab of the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, this worked, Peru Bob! Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i turned off this option and the same issues continues... can u help me?

i attached a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why this is considered a fix. The whole point of hardware encoding is to speed up the process. Why can't adobe find a way to work with the M1 chips to be functional. Final Cut sucks, but a ton of editors I know have moved to it because of these issues. I'm not going to wait around for 9 hours every time I want to export a cut of a film -- please resolve this issue to utilize the reason most of us purchased these computers. Or don't charge a fortune to use your software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant export nothing. Playback an export have the same issues. I tried export mp4, Prores, H264 and H265 with all kind of resolutions with effects (lumeti) off and on. It happend in 2 types of projects. I am working with raw komodo footage. I have this problem for about 2 weeks. Using Premiere latest version and I tried with Beta version too.Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 9.35.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-07 at 9.36.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off hardware encoding did not work for me. 

I am having similar problems exporting H.264 clips from media encoder with constant bit rate and variable bit rate - the sectiosn that seem to be causing the most glitches are nested clips, frame holds,  and clips with alpha layers. my system is the new 16in macbook pro with m1 max. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this same problem. I agree nested clips/mulitclips not flattened, dynamic linked clips and stacked graphics are the cuprit and it's random upon mulitple exports of the same clip. Following this thread for a cure.... please Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware encoding so you exports take 10x as long is the "correct answer"? really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, please check the latest Premiere Pro 22.4. This issue should be fixed as also reported by many users now. Please report back in case you still see this issue.

Thanks, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayjain, I am still seeing glitches in export (H.264 and H.265) in hardware and software encoding on M1 MBP, Premiere 22.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sheebp ,

Sorry for this problem again. 
Can you please check out the latest beta build version 22.5.0.27(or higher) once from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there?

You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your media files(& project) and we will check at our end https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

I hope it will help.
Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Adobe Forum is poured of posts like yours, I've posted similar post weeks ago.

As amazing as it sounds : Premiere Pro just doesn't don't work properly with the new macbook pro. And no reply from them, they may be in a mayhem looking for a fix.

Tip : Davinci works super fine and its free for just doing an simple export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is exporting through Media Encoder, not with Premiere. Before you export, open Creative Cloud and make sure to open Media Encoder using the Intel version. Then you can export cleanly. If you let Premiere open Media Encoder, or if you open the M1 version, it will glitch on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can CONFIRM that opening your project with the Intel version of media encoder AND/OR premiere pro via the creative cloud app will get you a glitch free export.

Adobe really needs to figure this out. I switched to apple silicon like in September  (air and m1 max) and I'm really surprised they haven't fixed it yet .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not work for me. still glitches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me either. Launching media encoder in M1 or Intel mode makes no difference on my M1 machine. Both have horrible quality H246 exports. The only thing that works for me is encoding on an actual Intel machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deverge

Sorry for the problem. Can you please try the latest beta build once? You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please try and let us know how it goes in the beta build. If you still see this issue in beta builds, please share your original footage/Project file & export settings. We will check it at our end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mayjain I downloaded the beta and gave it a try. The issue still persists. What's the best way for me to get you the project and footage? It's not something I can share publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deverge , thanks for updating. I just sent you a message. Happy to help, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deverge  Please check the latest Premiere Pro 22.4 once. This issue should be fixed as also reported by many users now. Please report back in case you still see this issue.

Thanks, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines