Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M2 chip MacBook poor premiere pro experience

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone could please help

I am using premiere pro on macbook air M2 chip, 8GB RAM. I cleared out all my storage and have 120GB available on the MacOS system.

I am trying to edit a short video, all clips in 4K, I have about 12 clips making a 9 minute video. Nothing too crazy. But every time I try to render it takes up all the 120GB and takes out all my storage, only renders up to 2 minutes before saying error. I have tried editing the video on my M1 chip Mac but have the same issue. Even updated all the softwares, uninstalled and reinstalled creative cloud and still no change. Could anyone please help? The edited video is now very glitchy with lots of audio errors and I have no idea why. I am not savvy with Adobe, please help! I never had this problem before on my old laptop, I wish I never bought this M2 laptop now...

Thank you

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eman,

Sounds like a frustrating experience to have with such a new computer. You might try reinstalling 23.0 to see if that helps. .

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that too, but still the same issue. If I redirect the video previews in project settings to my 1TB hardrive then it renders ok but takes 300GB of storage to render a 4k 9 min video with very few transitions or overlays. And when I do render it glitches everything. Does M2 chip just not work well with 4k on premiere pro? If so I might switch to a different software as this is so bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a mac guy at all, but is that 8GB of ram? If so and fwiw: My 2011 machine had 16gb. You're at the bare minimum to get the software running. Further the requirements 16GB for HD media and 32GB for 4K.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 8GB of RAM, ah ok- how do I go about increasing it to 32GB? Thank you for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with your hardware people / shop. As a PC guy, that's what I can guess, maybe @Kevin-Monahan has an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Eman5EB0 , Hi @MyerPj 

I think that with a modern MacBook Air, you are locked in with the RAM, unfortunately. Sorry to report that. I would recommend using proxies or transcoding to ProRes LT. Consider the smart rendering workflow if you are having trouble with exporting at 4K. @Michael Grenadier or I can help you with that. Let us know, my friend!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @MyerPj  - "Shop" in Apple terms is usually the Apple Store. Independent Apple repair shops are usually reputable in major cities worldwide. You can tell people that they may need to ask around! 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good Kevin, thanks very much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines