Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Pro 2019 - All builds after 15.2 are unstable

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Since the 15.2 update onwards premiere pro has become unusable on my 2019 Mac Pro. 

Crashes are frequent, usually they start after several minute and are most prevalent in large projects with mixed media. 

The 2022 update does not fix any of these crashes, the only solution for now is rolling back to 15.1.

Errors vary from 'unable to access recource (cursordataID-19, with many other variations)', errors with codecs (.R3D and .MXF). and random crashes without warning. 

Specs of my machine are: 

16-core Intel Xeon-W

192 Ram (upgraded with OWC Ram) 

4 TB Apple SSD

8 TB OWC accelsior SSD (using Softraid)

Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB

2 x Prodisplay XDR. 

Does anybody have a similar experience or maybe ideas at a solution or workaround?

I've seen a request on uservoice regarding this problem affecting several users, but that post had been there for over 6 months now with no improvement whatsoever.

I'm beginning to worry about the future of Premiere Pro on the 2019 Mac pro to be honest...

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try:

• Uninstall Adobe Apps via Creative Cloud
  • Backup any plugins or presets manually by navigating to the folders and moving/copying elsewhere
  • Run Adobe Cleaner tool and select the option to clean everything
  • Restart
  • Reinstall Creative Cloud and Apps
  • Move back plugins and presets/etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Spencer, no improvement after taking these steps, unforutnately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, although I haven't seen any posts about this issue recently, there have been issues in the past with multiple monitors.  As a troubleshooting step, try disconnecting one of the monitors and see if there's any change.  If so, post back and there are a few things you can try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Unplugging one monitor does not solve the issue I'm afraid. I'm still getting the same errors in PP22 :(. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I've been in touch with a service rep which has told me this is a known issue that should be fixed in the next PP22 update.

For now my only option is to roll back to 15.1 

Here's hoping the issue will be fixed, as this seems to be an issue multiple Mac Pro owners are experiencing.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43862298-premiere-15-2-thro... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines