Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Mac Pro issue: Premiere pegs my CPU - EVEN WHEN NOT EVEN PLAYING BACK

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 2019 Mac Pro and Premiere Pro is maxing out the CPU sometimes to +2,000% even when it's idle.  I have audio waveform generation turned off so it's not doing that.

It happens after being in the project for a period of time.  I can restart everything and that fixes it for a while but once I start working I'm right back to the same problem.  Super laggy playback, takes forever to refresh when the playhead is moved, etc.Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 9.55.35 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-08 at 9.50.30 AM.png

[Moderator note: title edited for clarity to get quickest response.]

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry about this. Have you fixed the issue yet? It sounds like a corrupt sequence or project. Can you try copying and pasting the clips into a new sequence? If that is not working, you can create a new project and import the elements from the previous project into it. Try these things and let us know if it works out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is not the same symptop as the jerky playback one could have when there is a faulty Audio Input? 

Did you check this page? https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working with a camera native format or have you transcoded to ProRes?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines