• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro M1 - Slow exporting

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain why all of a sudden export speeds have drastically gone down in Premiere Pro on my M1 Macbook Pro?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Updated to build 57 today and everything is messed up. Exports are sloooow, even when doing a simple conversion from prores to h264. It's exporting bascially in real time...

Also h264 exports for some reason are randomly giving a weird jitter effect and green frames. 

build 57 is the buggiest worst build I've seen from Adobe in a very, very long time. Plus, they completely nerfect the export settings. It's extremely convoluted now. It's as if they are trying to make it like iMovie. THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM.  It's for industry pros. Please stop dumbing it down for entry level consumers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Same issue here too . I have a m1 max 32gb never had issues. Now if I add one title effect it take about 10 min for a 1:30 second video to export! I don't know what they did but I'm getting very frustrated with them releasing updates and not even testing them. 
  • please fix this issue asap 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with the released build of the latest version 22.4. Everyone's PCs, regardless of hardware or OS, suffered significantly reduced performance in both exports and live playback with this particular version of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the trouble. What type of effects do you have in your project? Are you using (external/ internal or shared drive for exporting?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only used one of the Adobe effect titles which was nothing special. Just a slide up from bottom effect. We currently have all our videos on an external ssd. We never had any issues exporting/working in our external ssd till the latest update.

Should we start only working internally or will this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same performance degradation with the 22.4 version occurs with both internal and external drives. In fact, running off of the MacBook Air's 2500 MB/s internal SSD my PugetBench scores were no better than with a 700 MB/s external SSD. Only when I switched to an external HDD that transfers no faster than 200 MB/s did the PugetBench scores started becoming bottlenecked by the disk speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version 22.4 Build 57, upon further testing, really degraded the performance of all PCs that went through the PugetBench for Premiere Pro tests, but hit all of the MacOS systems hardest. The M1 Pro and M1 Max MacBook Pro systems that previously scored well over 1000 using the Standard preset while running earlier versions now struggle to even reach 1000 in that same preset while running 22.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did we get any further on this - started exporting a 20 min 1080p video yesterday on my M1 Max Mac studio and it took over an hour...was a last minute job but missed a deadline because of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went back to update 22.2 because of these issues. If you add one graphic title in the new version forget about exporting.

im honestly going to try out Davinci because everyone is talking about it and I'm sick of paying huge money for such slow and buggy performance. I'm done with it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent about 15 mins trying to figure out why it wouldn't send to media encoder which is where I usually export from - so not even sure how it's working these days. Brutal...might check into davinci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lot of us are paying good money for a product which is basically unusable at times. I'm looking at 9 hours and 1 minute to export an 8 minute short film. All best practices for settings and configuration followed. On a Mac M1 16x512 with nothing else installed or running. Exporting a 3 minute video and not following best practices before the recent "ugprades", I could export in 5-10 minutes. This is a joke.

Moderator Note: Your post was edited for content. Please refer to our terms of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines