• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic frames! Cutting or trimming a clip inserts two frames into the adjacent clip

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Mini with the M1 chip.

OS 11.4

Premiere Pro 15.2 (Adobe had me revert because 15.4 had major issues).

Every time I cut or trim a clip, PP automatically inserts two frames from that clip into the adjacent clip. The adjacent clip will either be after the clip or below it in a different layer. It doesn't seem to insert frames into the previous clip, but I'm still testing. 

The issue only seems to occur after I render a clip. If I don't render the clips, the problem doesn't occur. But that isn't practical because playback is choppy if I don't render the clips for playback.

I've been on the phone with Adobe support about it on two phone calls for a total of four hours, but no solutions are forthcoming. We've tried clearing the media cache, restarting, reverting back to version 15.2, backing up and deleting the project, starting with a new test project and even reinstalling PP twice. 

The issue happens on my M1 mac and on my older imac with the intel chip. It's been happening for over a month with no resolution in sight.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi holtwebbart,

Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific media type/project or is it happening with all of them? If so, would you mind sharing the sample media/project with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us to diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reverting to 15.2, the clips are still duplicating frames into adjacent clips, but I can remove them by using “delete render”. Unfortunately, I have to render the clips from time to time since Premiere can't handle the playback like Final Cut Pro can, and when I do, the issue returns. I have stopped using premiere because of all these bugs and I'm now using Final Cut Pro and have no issues at all.

I really don't understand why Final Cut can be so good and Premiere can be so bad. Years and years difficulty and frustration dealing with Premiere's bugs and I could have been using Final Cut the whole time and been happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holtwebbart,

Sorry about this. Sounds like we don't know the complete story. Things like that don't happen and I haven't seen these things on my M1 Mac. Please return with screenshots, movies, etc. That can help.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin. Things like that do happen (they are happening to me), but it's not worth it to me to deal with them anymore. Things like that have been happening since the first day I opened PP over ten years ago. I have an ongoing written account going back to 2016 of the problems I've been having and my interactions with support. It's not complete, but it is extensive.

I've had to reach out to Adobe support every 1-2 weeks for a variety of problems and they've been unable to help me. To this day, not one of the issues has actually been fixed. There have been several workarounds, but they are merely bandaids that leave the underlying problems to fester and grow. And many of those workarounds stop working after software updates.

The fact that you aren't experiencing any problems baffles me and if I were sticking with PP, I'd be happy to share my problems with you in hopes of solving them (screen recordings, etc.).

But now that I discovered how much better FCP is (in that it actually works), I'm hoping never to touch PP again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear that and I am not able to get the opportunity to help. Support call and chat is very good for computer issues, but as far as editing technique and oddball problems—those folks are not really editors, so these forums might be better for some things. 

I am also in support but I am unaware of your case. I do wish you luck, though. Should you wish or need to use Premiere again and have trouble, send me a message and I'll try and get you sorted. 

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines