• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major fps drops in Playback

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last week i've been noticing major frame drops in my playback.
Never had any problems with my playback, in none of the existing projects i work with either.
But when I continued with a (small) project (was running smooth 3 days before) the frames started dropping up to a count of 1042+ fps . 
I’ve tried most solutions found on google, youtube, forums etc. But nothing worked as of yet.
I tested the playback on 3 different systems (2 macs (1 mac mini) & and my own Hp Omen 15 laptop),

2 different versions of Premiere (2021 & 2022). Didn’t really notice a difference through all of that.
Again never had this problem before (even with the same files it happened with).

Does anybody have any idea on a fix?

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This can happen for a multitude of reasons. First, try looking at this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

If you have already googled a lot of answers, check some settings with the files you are using. Are your clips in high framerate? (60+) Also, try converting your clips to a constant frame rate. For some reason, Premiere doesn't like variable frame rate. (I've been told) 

If you have a decent GPU, like in the computers you listed, use GPU Acceleration and see if that makes anything easier.

If nothing works, it may just be your PC specs. Look into that.

The only reasons that makes me think this is something that is easily fixed is that it happened all of the sudden, and it's consistent throughout 4 different computers. As a last resort, contact Adobe Support through email.

Playback lag is one of those things that is really frustrating and sometimes really hard to fix. So just keep that in mind.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines