• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Issues with Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I am having major issues with lagging (not on playback but moving clips, adding clips or adding effects). It is making the software almost unusable for me. Nothing has changes on my computer, last week everything worked great and this week it is taking me an hour to edit a 30s clip. Was there an update I am unaware of? 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a 2021 MacBook Pro with Monterey v 12.1, premiere 2022 - everything is up to date software wise. 

Never had an issue with lagging since I bought a new computer. Using the same graphics, footage type and process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep i have the same issue too!!! ITs crazy... just trying to edit videos from my phone.

I am trying to work out why it does this - next time you turn ur computer on... see if it only happens after you do a 'render' or 'render preview' ?

I am using a macbook 2020 16inch, and its so bad!! almost un-usable! May have to un-install and go to previous version?

Its like my macbook just quickly overheats after a render... and doesnt go back to normal. Could be a physical battery/graphics card issue.. to close not allow for enough cooling when your actually using the laptop as a work machine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok... i may have found a solution...

Change ur 'video preview' settings to 'Quicktime' in your sequence settings menu.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 7.08.12 pm.png

 

I just did that and it seems to work... for now... will let u know how it goes in the next hour or so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I wonder why that would cause all the issues but I will try this today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines