• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major performance issues with Premiere Pro 15.2

Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some major performance issues with this latest update. 
Warp stabilizer and other effects now needs to be rendered "manually" always worked like a charm before with cuda.
Bringing up the scopes in the tab takes for ever. And overall it seems to drain the system. 

Scrubbing on the time line is also very uneven and choppy causing spikes. 
Even though we're trying to edit h.264 all-i 1080 video from an entry level Canon SL2. 
And there's an almost rolling shutter like look on the footage on the program monitor. Even on locked off shots. 

We made a fresh install of everything yesterday including win 10, got the latest driverns as we installed everything from scratch again. But same molasses like performance. 

Not the newest hardware, but it's within the system req and should have no issues playing back that type of material. Atleast not in the past 2 years. We've even run some of h.265 all-i footage (2K DCI) from my X-T4 without issues on this machine and even 4K 265 all-i. 

Win 10
32gb
i5 8600
1050 Ti 
All WD SSD's 

OS, Software and driver's the versions available from the manufacturers yesterday and today.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That rolling shutter like effect might be screen tearing.  I had that issue, and the solution was to turn ON Vertical Sync for the Premier Applications in the nVIDIA control panel.   There is a post a made a few days ago, marked with the correct solution:

Solved: Screen Tearing & Freezing When playing Back Premie... - Adobe Support Community - 12028311

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sadly those options are not available in the nvidia control panel on my computer (8.1.960.0)
And I can't manage to install any other version of the nvidia control panel. 

I've checked in the developer settings too, but without any success. 
A newer gpu might help, but with the current state of things it's not an option with the few cards available online. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - managed to find something like it after a re-install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it comes to effects like Warp Stabilizer, working with 59fps footage on a 23,976 timeline. 

The clip have to be nested before applying WS in order for it not to require rendering. 
Even though the footage in that particular clip isn't slowed down. 

That's not been required earlier.

If we WS a 59.94 clip on a 59.94 timeline no rendering required. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing similar problems, and also made an issue as well. Reverted back to 15.0 which did the trick. Thought I'm sure 15.1 is fine too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines