• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAJOR Premiere Issue, Adding Photos Freezes Premiere

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly yesterday, when I add a photo to the timeline, I'll duplicate it on the sequence and then the program will freeze. I'll be able to move the scrubber and hear the audio but the scrubber itself doesn't move. It's like the program is working, but the graphics aren't updating. And it happens only when I add photos. I edited an entire timeline this morning just cutting a video with no photos and had no issues. But when I start adding BROLL, the problems begin. It looks like they're all the same jpeg photos that I was using before. I tried rolling back to a previous version of premiere and reinstalling my graphics drivers. I didn't do anything differently yesterday, it just started happening. I did update to the newest Windows 11 after it started happening to see if that would fix it, but it did not. Any other suggestions? Maybe reseating the RAM? Could dropbox be causing it? Would be weird since I've always been using Dropbox...

32GB gskill RAM

AMD 3900X

ASUS AM4 TUF Motherboard

EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, update... I added a new user to windows and it seemed to stop happening on the new user. Then I went back to my regular user account and... at least at the moment... it seemed to stop doing whatever it was doing? This is weird. I'm wondering if having the transcription window open has anything to do with it, but I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Can you save your files on the desktop and then import them? Dropbox could be an issue here. Also, check for permissions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html#:~:text=Navigat....

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could be more help, I made a new user and it stopped happening in the new user account, then went back to the old user account and it just started working. I dunno what happened cause I don't know why adding a user would help. Does this happen with literally every photo you find? Can you screengrab the photo, then add the screengrab? Are you adding from the "import media" dialogue, or are you dragging photos from explorer into the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having this issue, anytime I add a photo or audio to the sequence the whole prgram freezes.

32GB RAM

AMD 5800X

NVIDIA 2060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting my entire system does nothing either, the only thing that fixes it is deleting the file I added, then everything runs perfect again until I add something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Treid what the other guy did, created a new user and rant the program. The issue still happened in the other users profile as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall is not a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a huge 80 megapixel image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. How large is this image in pixel dimensions?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Have you tried resetting preferences and deleting cache files?

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting cache doesn't work. None of the solutions offered work. I am a heavy user of photos in my projects and nothing has ever caused this. Every single session is crashing as soon as an image is added to a sequence 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines