• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Problems With Version 22.1.2 Performance and Exporting

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to V 22.1 and then V 22.1.2 I am finding it virtually impossible to edit due to display glitching which pervades into the export.

My Program Window display frequently glitches and can't display anything but crazy negatives (see fist image) that then show up in the export regardless of export settings (see second image). I was mid-project when Premiere rolled out v2022, and I haven't been able to work in the project since, LUTs crash, effects crash, graphics glitch, and it's exporting me garbage files that are taking up space and testing my patience.

System Settings: 

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac21,1

Chip: Apple M1

Memory: 8 GB

Apple M1:

Chipset Model: Apple M1

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

Total Number of Cores: 8

Vendor: Apple (0x106b)

Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily Apple 7

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD

Resolution: Retina 4.5K (4480 x 2520)

Even if I open a brand new project (no effects, no graphics,no audio files, nothing in project except source media) and import new (different) media, my system is experiencing this same glitching effect. 

What I've tried so far (unsuccessfully):

Updating iOS to Monterey 12.1

Un-installing and re-installing V 22.1.2

Clearing Plug-ins

Rolling back to V 15.4.1 (lost too much work converting 22.1.2 > XML > 15.4.1)

Clearing Media Cache

Re-Directing Media Cache Storage to a 3rd (non-system, non-project) external drive 

Relocating Project and Media to Desktop

Writing Exports to Desktop

Writing Exports to 3rd external drive

Relocating Project and Media to new external drive

Removing all LUTs in sequence and re-applying

Removing and Reloading LUTs from PP 2022 package contents

Using PP 2022 on our other computer (Macbook Pro) [issue is less prevalent on other machine, but still persists]

Note: The glitching seems to be getting worse the more I try to work in Premiere. Please note also that when I rolled back to V 15.4.1 this glitching error started happening in the Program window of PP 2021 when previously I had never had this issue, or any, with PP 2021.

The project I was working in when issues started contains the Adobe Stock Graphic - Handwritten Look. It also contains multiple downloaded .mp4s that are used as overlays or backgrounds for a Film Effect look.

When color work is done the glitching gets worse. Even if the Global FX button is toggled 'off' the glitching persists. Glitching persists whether the Program display quality is 'full resolution' or at any fractional quality level (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16). Glitching also persists whether sequence settings are in natively shot 6k, 4k, 1080 (16x9 and 9x16) or lower res.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also still having major issues. its insane we are still dealing with this with apple M1 hardware. I think we are a year away from it being stable. you can try to open "intel" but still having issues. 

maybe premiere pro 23.2 will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get similar issues. The ones I get look like these. They appear on the rendered preview and onto the exported video. Has someone found a solution? 

Thanks. 

image.png

 

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 20.57.31.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't export any movies from 22.1.2 OSX without getting error messages.  I can XML export my sequence, open in Resolve, and it exports without errors.  Just one of the reasons I'm switching to Resolve.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 4.27.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mad Trees , @Jim Curtis @Javi_ero  @rons rons ,

Very sorry for the issue. Can you please try the latest Premiere version 22.4 once? Let us know how it goes.
We have made several fixes in the export workflow. 

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote, I've switched to Resolve for the bulk of my work, but I worked on-site at a convention last week using my laptop (MBP OSX 10.15.7).  I worked with the newest version of Premiere, and had no issues.
My decision was based primarily on the client demand for open captions under a deadline.  The new transcribing audio to captions feature in Pr is fantastic!  It's even smart enough to capitalize company names and departments and services that are usually capitalized.  Very cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the great feedback and update!
I wish you can continue using Premiere Pro and we keep providing our users a seamless experience throughout the product. 
Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As reported back by @Javi_ero , This is fixed in Premiere Pro 22.4 
Check this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/m1-pro-macbook-pro-h-264-export-glitches/m-p...

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines