• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAJOR Timeline Problem with Premiere 2023 following Playhead

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer tell Premier to stop following the Playhead. This is a MAJOR MAJOR problem.  Adobe, please, you need to fix this immedietly.  If I am playing a sequence and I move away from the playhead, ie further down the sequence, when I pause the sequence, or simply click up in the timeline to move the playhead to where I want to be, the sequnce jumps to wheeever the playhead stopped. This is a HUGE headache and VERY VERY amature. Adobe stop everything you are doing and fix this now please. This is bad, like really really bad. 

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hitting a number of users, and it's really odd. So all details of your system, media, effects used can be helpful to try to sort out some sort of pattern for it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time its a matter of track targeting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this keeps happening after every new release of Adobe... There are more bugs than features.

[Moderator note: text removed due to violation of Adobe policy.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Adobe censors my solution....WHY??? Which policy did I break? Is this how you treat your sheeple? We pay you and overpriced amount of money not to get constant beta versions of you software and then when we try to help each other out you simply censor the solution?

If the moderator has enough time to sniff trough my post and delete part of it, then have the decency to point to which policy I am violating (are you twitter?), because the paradox is that we are all here to help you make a better software, not the other way around - that ship has sailed. 

Moderator note:

Edited due to Adobe policy prohibiting discussion of use of the engineers console on their forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Adobe censors my solution....WHY??? Which policy did I break?

By @janisp41753227

Because the moderator (not me) saw that you mentioned use of a method Adobe does not support, and can cause major issues if misapplied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I greatly appreciate your response and giving some clarity. I also see that my comment has once more been redacted, but at least now I know why. Thank you. Not that it makes it better. I've used this solution through....well..whenever the feature got broken or maybe it has always been like that, I do not know, but that has never caused an issue. Of course, maybe the random crashes and weird stability issues are exactly because of that, but my common sense thinks otherwise nevertheless. It's simply an annoying bug that people struggle with for years and the internet is full of it, but no official solution. Interestingly, if I'm not mistaken, I first saw this solution in this forum and it was available for people, but I guess someone somewhere decided that it's a hazard to the ecosystem. Such a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand why they took down the response, but If you can monitor these resonses and see that people are willing to potentially "break" the application to fix this, why wouldn't you just fix it???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE, THIS IS A MAJOR TIME SUCK!!! why did you change this??? it slows down editing so much to have ur timeline view force-jump back to where the playhead is rather than where you clicked. having to go back to the prev. version of premiere in order to get away from this feature is also annoying asl. this change helped no one and i'm seeing numerous editors complaining about it. if people are having to get crafty / create shortcuts to work around something you changed, it is not an improvement - it's a mistake

there's another post complaining about it called "Timeline jumps back to playhead anytime I click while playback"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this in another thread on the same topic.

Further proof this is definitely a bug not a feature (as if there was any doubt)... if you're in multicam view it doesn't happen. I was editing a multicam last night for one wonderful hour I thought the bug had been fixed. 

Back to a normal sequence this morning and my hopes were dashed, but enabling multicam view on any sequence means it behaves the way it should.

So weird.

Almost as weird as ADOBE IGNORING ALL THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ISSUE FOR  THE LAST TWO YEARS.

It's endlessly frustrating. The 'move playhead to cursor' shortcut workaround is fine, but it's just that, a workaround, not intuitive behaviour.

Anyone found a way to vote for the issue or have adobe pay attention?

WOW, you are right. If i put the Program window into "Multicam" view the problem goes away. The sequence doesnt even need to have a multicam assets in it, just so long as you are in multicam view. Once I turn Multicam view off the probelm comes back. ADOBE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for sharing this. will be trying it out myself in the meantime!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I can duplicate this. As Ann mentioned, you must have "Auto Scroll" off ie: No Scroll in preferences/timeline. It works normally whenever the CTI is on screen. With a somewhat zoomed in timeline, use the horizontal scroll bar at bottom of timeline and move the timeline so the CTI goes off-screen, (no auto scrolling will take place). Click somewhere on the timeline on the numeric scale and PP 23.2 stops and jumps to the current (off-screen) position of the CTI. It's not great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I can tell with the new update 23.5.0, you can click on the timeline numeric scale and it will not jump to the playhead postion anymore. Which is an improvement but, the other issue still exists, where if you press pause/spacebar while the playhead is off screen, it jumps you to the playhead. I can confirm that it never used to be this way, it has greatly interuppted my workflow. @Jeff_Croghan metnioned that this issue disappears and acts the way it should, when you change the program monitor to "Multi-Camera".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines