Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many issues with Premiere Pro, please help

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,
I just started using Adobe SAAS instead of my stand alone software.
Most programs are working fine, Premiere not so much.

1) I'll go to export a sequence and sometimes the export box will come up, but then when I click anything I just get a ding. The only way out is ctrl+alt+delete / end task. There is no way to save, so I've gotten screwed.

2) Sometimes the play buttons don't work. I can still export, but I can't play. Sometimes if I wait a bit (10 minutes) the play button will start to work again, sometimes not.

3) After I save a project and I go back into it, my sequences are no longer in the timeline and if I have a big project going on, I have to hunt for them.

4) Not everything that I send to the Queue goes to the Queue. I'll get the exporting box, but somethings will not show up in the Queue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I did that just today, so I have the latest version. I have never had these issues with my stand alone versions. It's getting a bit frustrating and time wasting.

I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz with 32 Gigs of RAM running Windows 10 Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Does anyone have any help or suggestions?

Thanks,

Buddy

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
-such as (this MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.in/Download/driverResults.aspx/177929/en-in

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,
I've updated everything, so I guess I'll see if an older driver works.
Though I would not expect 4 different issues to be caused by the video card driver.
I was using Preimere 2019 on a very old windows 7 machine and besides being slow, it did the job.
I'll let you know if I have any success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of camera shot the footage, Buddy?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,
This footage was recorded on a NewTek Tricaster and then transfered to Premiere.
Never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have an issue similar to that one when working on projects with a lot of footages and effects. 

My collection was way too full (effects, rush in 4k, SFX, etc).

Hope you will find a solution!

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HMMMMM,
This particular project does have a lot of footage, titles and stuff in it.
Though working on the project on my previous machine had no issues except for it being slow.
I'll try working on a new project and see if the issues persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines