Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marking Only One Track

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm having a head-scratching issue where if I mark a clip, it's marking both video and audio tracks, creating duplicates in my Marker panel. I want to be able to just mark a single video/audio clip, regardless if they're imported together, or linked etc. I've been able to do this in the past but it seems this was because the audio/video of a specific clip were imported separately. Is there a way to do this? Doesn't seem to matter if I select a single channel, or just one asset, etc. It would make keeping notes on separate audio/video clips way easier, not to mention keeping my Marker panel tidy!

Many thanks,

Garry

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By chance do you have "Show all clip markers in sequence" checked? It's under the 3 lined (Hamburger) menu on the Markers Panel.

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 12.12.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!!

I do yes, but this doesn't seem to impact on the duplicate markers, which have now stopped and must have been some sort of bug!

I'm still unable to mark video and audio separately though, which isn't a huge deal but would be handy to do if I needed to mark them at similar points!

Appreciate the response, thanks for that.

Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested all sorts of things.

Even to the point of unlinking the video/audio, moving the video down the line, and setting target to only video, with sync-lock off and the audio 'disabled'.

It STILL dropped a clip marker on both clips ... at the same clip timecode for both clips, so the audio marker was way to the left ... exactly where it would be on re-aligning that clip to its audio.

I can't see how to do it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah it's strange, I swear I've been able to do it, but it must have been when audio was imported separately as mixdowns. Not that I prefer Avid (I use it for TV editing),  but there you can just select a track/clip and it marks only that, whereas here I'll be darned if I can find a way to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines