Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask Keyframe Interpolation

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to using Adobe Premiere Pro, and my primary function in using the product is redacting audio and video for releases to the public. I've had great success using Premiere, but one problem I am having trouble figuring out is how to change keyframe interpolation of my masks.

I am using a basic Mosaic tile mask to cover sensitive information, and after I make the keys for it's movement across the canvas, I right click the keyframes and my options for interpolation are greyed out. I've been working around this by rotoscoping quite a bit, but I feel like just changing how these keyframes are interpreted would be of great help.

I've read the help files (to the best of my ability), and I've been directed to go to the "Windows > Mask Interpolation" menu. I cannot find that menu anywhere.

Here are two screenshots of the menus I have been looking at:

Window Menu.pngRight Click Menu.png

I am using:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 11.1.2 (22)

2017.1.2 Release

I am sure this is a simple answer to the veterans out there, and I appreciate the time taken to review my question.

Thank you!

-Kyle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

That is correct: Mask path is greyed out. As for feather, opacity and expanned is not.

This might be as you can perform tracking on the path properties.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you want some accurate masks/rotoscoping it is best to use AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct: Mask path is greyed out. As for feather, opacity and expanned is not.

This might be as you can perform tracking on the path properties.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you want some accurate masks/rotoscoping it is best to use AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean? I cant get mine to work as well. It's greyed out. It's currently set to linear but I want it to be on "hold"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jake, Sorry. This capability is not avaialble. You can use After Effects to control masks with different kinds of keyframes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the menu even exist in Premiere, if it isn't something the software can do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just bait to end in a very annoyed person, honestly. In this case, me -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are so many small, annoying things about Premiere that make me want to switch programs. I don't see why I should have to go into AE just to make a simple mask move a little smoother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines