• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask tools stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro CC, when I use Ultra Key or Crop (probably others too, haven't tried), if I select the square or ellipse to create a mask, it just creates a default size and doesn't let me select or change it. If I try using the pen, it does nothing. This used to work for me. What has changed? I checked and my software is up to date. Running on Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Weirdest thing in the world, it's working now. Hasn't worked for a month. Never mind, move along, nothing to see here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont use the mask tools in Ultra Key or Crop. Use the mask tools from Opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone on the forum came up with a strange solution.

Might work might not:

Open the button editor (press the + (plus).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not following you with button editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So weird... This actually worked

there should be a + button on the right bottom of your window somewhere, all the way down

That's really Broken Adobe... Needs a fix

EDIT: worked temporally now its locked, and tools remain frozen while the menu is open now

Exiting the menu makes the mask circle transparent again

WHAADDUP Adobe lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I read about the + button "fix". It actually works for about 5 seconds. Unacceptable. Plus the other pen tool does nothing either. The one in the tools panel. The pen tool in After Effects still works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in Opacity. Either a default size, or nothing with the pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdest thing in the world, it's working now. Hasn't worked for a month. Never mind, move along, nothing to see here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine just stopped working in the middle of a project 2 days ago. The tool to draw an opacity mask, that looks like a pen, normally is white with black details. Now it's black with white details, and it doesn't do anything. Clicking the plus button didn't help. Also, at the same time, my eyedropper tool started acting weird. If I want to pick a color, green to key out the green screen, for example, I have to go OFF the green screen by about an inch onto something that isn't green at all. It's like the focus of the tool got knocked out of wack.

I read where you have to have all of Premiere on one monitor for it to work properly but I've been using my 2 monitor setup for 3 years with no problems up until Tuesday. The only thing different I've done is replace my 720p HTDV primary monitor with a 1080p HDTV monitor. Literally unplugged the HDMI cable from one and plugged it into the other, then adjusted the PC's resolution. And that was 4 days before all this nonsense started happening.

btw, when I DO manage to get a mask out of the pen tool, you can't do anything with it. You can't move any points, or you can move 4 but not the 5th, and you have to move the tool far from the point and jiggle until you get the tool you want. The hand tool ALWAYS works but I don't ALWAYS want to grab and move the whole mask.

WHATTUP, ADOBE!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix! at the frames panel window, there is a timeline display settings with a wrench icon, click that and then select customize video header, and then select reset and then click ok. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines