• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask tracking weirdness?

Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What am I missing here? I've used mask tracking before, although not often, and I don't remember it behaving this way.

I'm on Pr 22.5, Windows 10.

I'm tediously tracking a mask, one frame at a time, making adjustments on each frame. When I go back to the beginning of the clip to watch, the mask is no longer what I drew. ??? In other words, the keyframes appear to not stay the same. The mask is usually a slightly different shape, and moved over to either the left or right. The points of the mask move to seemingly random nearby points. And the part of the video I worked so laboriously to cover is once again visible.

I have tried more than once. The first time I spent an hour on a short clip, and then assumed I had done something wrong, so I tried again. Another hour ish. Same thing. The points of the mask do not stay where I draw them. I don't remember this happening before. It's either a bug, or operator error somehow. I'm open to either, just want to know what's going on.

To be clear: when I go back, I'm not tracking backwards... I'm just moving the playhead to the beginning of the clip to watch what I accomplished. And that's when I see the mask keyframes have changed.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

The amount of nodes need to be the same from beginning to end for the mask.

In other words dont add or delete during tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The amount of nodes need to be the same from beginning to end for the mask.

In other words dont add or delete during tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaahhhhhhh. That would be the problem. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answers my problem as well. But that seems strange. I'm tracking a mask over a vehicle that grows in "size" as it comes towards the camera. I guess I'll have a lump of them sitting to the side. 1, 2, 3, 4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That totally works. Thank you for your answer. Finicky little thing ain't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines