Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking in the transform effect?

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong?

I am trying to mask around a figure in a video to remove an artifact in the background. However, it's a really tricky thing to track because of the movement and I'm getting an irritation headache. So I had the bright idea to apply the crop effect first, to eliminate large sections of video that I don't need at all, so then the mask that I need to draw and track won't need to be so complex.

Because my understanding is that effects are applied in order from top down in the list, I applied the crop effect and then decided to add the transform effect underneath that. That way I could mask with the transform effect, instead of the intrinsic opacity effect, after the crop effect was applied to the footage first.

The weird part is that when I draw a mask with the pen tool in the transform effect, nothing happens. The mask is there, but nothing is removed from the frame.

What do I do differently with the mask in the transform effect, vs the opacity mask?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try cropping and then nest.  Apply the mask to the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines