Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masks in Essential Graphics no longer working in Premiere Pro 15.2

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

After updating to the latest Premiere Pro 15.2 and Media Encoder 15.2 (May 2021 release), all my Essential Graphics that use masks to toggle opacity of multiple layers simultaneously, are no longer working when exporting them through Media Encoder. This opacity value is being ignored and set to 100 (default is set to 0).

What I already did and checked:

- I deleted caches from After Effects, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

- I did delete and export the Essential Graphics new out of After Effects.

- I made sure that the option for native importing in Media Encoder was deactivated.

- This worked before and to be sure I went back to 15.1 with both applications and there the Essential Graphics are rendered correctly.

- After the update back to 15.2 they no longer worked again.

This seems either like a bug or I am using the wrong approach. So I am moreso asking how else could this be achieved?

I have multiple layers in the Essential Graphic that I want to toggle on/off depending on where I want to use them in the scene in Premiere Pro but I cannot use the opacity value as there are keyframes on it.

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I now have pre-composed all the different variants I want to toggle on/off and am using the composition's opacity as toggle. So far it seems to be working and it reders correctly.

Is that the usual approach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines