• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Massive bug in Replace Footage

Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 22.4 on macOS. I'm working a project that requires me to continuously update VFX versions. So I've been using the Replace Footage... function on each shot.

Today it was brought to my attention that previous versions are showing up in the latest edits. After spending lots of time troubleshooting, i discovered that upon re-opening the project, Premiere is silently re-linking back to previously linked files while the clip name in the bin stays the same. This has caused massive issues and confusion on a job. If I link file_v1.mov to file_v2.mov, upon re-opening the project, the file used in the timeline is v1 yet the name of the clip still says v2, so this issue was incredibly difficult to track down and now I don't know if I can trust Premiere with exporting anything properly anymore.

To make matters worse, the behavior is not reproducible and occurs randomly.

I'm aghast that a supposedly professional software has such a glaring bug. Can anyone confirm they are having the same issue or what could be causing this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you've also run into this. It's been an issue for quite a while, sadly, and although we've gotten some response from Adobe when we've mentioned it nothing has actually changed. It has completely destroyed project compatibility between PC/Mac for us.

Here's an older thread about it: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-connecting-to-the-wrong-media-after...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hahaha. Now that I've switched to Resolve I can laugh about it.

Imagine the absolute trash heap that must be the Premiere coding situation, for engineers to just give up on fixing such a massive issue.

Ciao Adobe and your piece of sh*t software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines