• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Playback Volume (ASIO)

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to lower the playback volume of Premiere Pro when using an ASIO Audio Device? I could lower the overall volume, using the volume knob on the front of my audio interface, but then all other sounds on my PC are whisper quiet, including people that I'm working with on a call.
The reason I want to use ASIO since I sync my clips to music, so need the lowest possible latency, and have noticed pretty bad desync in my time using MME.

TOPICS
Audio , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I'd also like to add that the audio clips are of fine volume, it's just the overall output volume when using ASIO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there isn't a "volume" control in Premiere. It's assumed you'll set "listening" volume with either your system controls or your monitor speaker's controls.

For many of those viewing this thread that are new to NLEs (non-linear editors) and DAW (digital audio workstation apps) ... that sounds odd I know. But within the app, you set clip, track and master volumes by the audio meters, to specific levels. Not by how it 'sounds' loud or not.

This will get proper and tightly controlled 'expectable' volumes for delivering to other systems or for professional requiretments. And is why NLEs and most DAWs do not have a 'volume' app for the app ... it would be considered to be a problem if it did so.

As to the OP having issues with other things being louder, in most OS audio controls you do have a systeme control for a "volume mixer" which allows one to set various apps and services at different levels. If Premiere is quieter or louder than other apps, you might want to look for that and check it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So which is better ASIO or MME for sound quality and response? If there are any difficulties and problems that arise during the synchronization of material on the timeline when switching from MME to ASIO. I'm still working in MME mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for a long time, every hardware audio mixer I have ever used has a monitoring volume control the Premiere mixer should have the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't understand your answer to my question. Which is now better to use for sound editing quality - the ASIO or MME driver ? Has anyone thought about this possibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines