• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match clip with footage

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am editing a huge batch of similar videos, each of which lasts for at least an hour, and I have to cut out the same transition piece in every video which is randomly placed somewhere in the middle of the video. As you can guess, this is a very tedious work, and I am looking for a way to automate it. I do not have original projects, but I am sure that all of these transitions are completely the same - audio and video. I have tried to synchronise by sound to detect these pieces automatically, but the synchronisation always puts me at the same moment in the video (this transition is used as an intro in the beginning - it is where audio sync puts me). Could there be a specific way to detect repeating fragments of an already rendered footage?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you use something like this? https://www.macrorecorder.com/

Do your edit once, then you only have to manually go to each segment and initiate the macro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. This is a cool thing which will definitely help me sometime in the future, but it is not what I am looking for. There is a series of videos, and the transition I want to cut out of them is always in different places. The thing I want to automate is searching for these transitions, not cutting them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are all the videos identical, except for there the transition occurs in time?

If so, you can stack the video from two videos on V1 and V2, and change the blend mode (under Opacity) to Difference.  That should turn the video black, except where there are differences.  You could then shuttle/scan your timeline and find the transistion fairly easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines