• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Frame broken in Premiere Pro CC?

Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So match frame works in CS6, but in Premiere Pro CC, there are a couple odd things happening for me.  When pressing F the Source panel will exibits any one of a few different behaviors (seems entirely random):

1.  A black frame

2.  The correct clip, but not the correct (matched) frame.

3.  Occassionally the correct (matched) frame (usually only the first time I use Match Frame on any given clip in my sequence).  All subsequent Match Frame commands while on the same clip in the sequence will not update to match Source with Program, they'll either stay on the first matched frame for that clip, or go black.

You can still drag the audio (or video) portion from the Source panel to the timeline and it will be the correct portion of audio (or video), but actually "matching" a frame seems broken in Premiere Pro CC (again, it works in CS6).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep filing those bug reports.  Let's get this fixed.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new wrinkle for me, maybe useful to others, too.

I had some time to test some hunches today. Without overelaborating, I found that the clips I'm having trouble using match frame with are all subclips created in Adobe Prelude. These don't seem to be particular to any codec or file type. The problem occurs with XDCAM EX, NXCAM and QT ProRes (HQ) clips. In other words, if the file was ingested, logged and subclipped in Prelude, those subclips do not match frame in the Premiere timeline. If I bring the same file in through PPro's Media browser, make a subclip in Premiere, then the match frame function works. Non subclipped files, ie, complete takes from the camera roll, ingested through Prelude and sent to Premiere Pro match frame OK, too. So it looks like Prelude subclips (CS 6 and CC) are the problem here.

This differs somewhat from the problems in this thread, so sorry if it's a distraction. I filed a second bug report with this more refined info. (My previous post described that ProRes footage performed OK. I've found that it only does so with the source footage, not subclips.)

A drag as I used Prelude to log and subclip 10 days worth of footage. (I'm using PPro CC 7.0.1, Prelude CC 2.0.1, on a Mac Pro, OS 10.7.5.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAR100 thanks for your insights. I'm sure it's helpful to the Adobe folks to know all of the areas that matchframe is broken in.

I've never used Prelude so it sounds like the matchframe problem exists within Prelude as well as outside of it.

Sadly I have no idea where things stand with this bug. Adobe has released a Premiere update and the problem persists.

It would be nice if matchframe with merged clips would operate as it does in Avid and FCP in that if you hit matchframe once you get the matched  frame from the merged clip and then if you hit matchframe again it would match back to the original clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CC:  I imported my old project from Adobe Premiere CS6 into Adobe Premiere CC and cannot match frame  any clips from the origal project, unless I selcect the clip by clicking on it, which highlights it, and then I have to set my new in-point.  This is definatley a step backwards for Adobe Premiere.  Please make Premiere's match frame act more like Avid.  Whatever track I have selected I should be able to match frame that clip wherever the cursor bar is located, and then, it would also be nice if it would set the appropriate in-point that I had just match framed.  Please fix.

Thanks

PS.. I'm using a Mac tower OSX 10.7.5

processor:  2x2.4 GHz -6-core intel xeon

memory:  16GB 1333MHZ DDR3

Adobe Premiere Pro CC version 7.0.1

PPS I use match frame like a fish drinks water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wyatt1976 wrote:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC:  I imported my old project from Adobe Premiere CS6 into Adobe Premiere CC and cannot match frame  any clips from the origal project, unless I selcect the clip by clicking on it, which highlights it, and then I have to set my new in-point.  This is definatley a step backwards for Adobe Premiere.  Please make Premiere's match frame act more like Avid.  Whatever track I have selected I should be able to match frame that clip wherever the cursor bar is located, and then, it would also be nice if it would set the appropriate in-point that I had just match framed.  Please fix.

Thanks

PS.. I'm using a Mac tower OSX 10.7.5

processor:  2x2.4 GHz -6-core intel xeon

memory:  16GB 1333MHZ DDR3

Adobe Premiere Pro CC version 7.0.1

PPS I use match frame like a fish drinks water.

Hi Wyatt1976,

Sorry for your trouble. I tried the same thing you did. I imported my Adobe Premiere CS6 into Adobe Premiere CC and was able to match frame without any trouble.

In my experience, Match Frame does not set new In or Out points. You are merely matching back to the original clip with the In and Out points already set by you. If you wish to set a new In point where the playhead is located, just press I.

I am using a similar system as you, but I'm running OS X 10.8. You might try deleting preferences and performing a match frame once more to see if it works. It's functioning fine for me, even subclips.

It might have something to do with the footage you are using. You could also try a test where you use different footage to see if it's the media or your installation of Premiere Pro gone wrong.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I checked it again and now it seems to be working.  I don't know what changed?  Thanks for looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

With Prelude 2.01 we are able to reproduce the match frame issue when sending into Premiere Pro. With Prelude 2.1 (releasing very soon) this has been resolved. Thank you for reporting the issue.

Regards,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a solution for the rest of us, who are not using Prelude, yet still cannot get Match Frame to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to chip in without any suggestions but MXF clips merged do not match frame too. Filed a bug report. This is a crucial feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having these problems; syncing h4n with 5d video and trying to edit with merged clips.

I toss all my newly created merged clips onto the standard "All Footage" sequence and try to match frame... sometime works, other times brings up the correct clip in the source monitor but at the wrong frame. 

Subsequent match frame attempts just start the playhead in the source monitor where it left off.

Y'all need to transfer some Creative Cloud marketing resources into the make-it-work department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to Mavericks and updated to the latest version of Premiere Pro CC.  I'm also experiencing issues with merged clips!  Only I'm cutting with RED 5K footage.  It seems no matter what codec, the merged clips function proves to be problamatic in cutting, which kind of defeats the whole puprose of this tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevin-

can you confirm whether or not this problem has been addressed in the latest version released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few days, so I'll bump this.  Can anyone, for whom this feature was broken before, confirm that it is now working in 7.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exile1972 wrote:

kevin-

can you confirm whether or not this problem has been addressed in the latest version released?

Hi Greg,

In my testing, it appears that the match frame/merge clips function is working with some footage, but not with others. The team does know about the issue and is working on it. The next version of Premiere Pro should provide some fixes for this feature. I would ask for your patience until then.

I'm very sorry that this is interrupting your workflow.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, all of the limitations were minor compared to how awesome my experience was overall with Premiere Pro CC.  I will say I was vigilent about saving a new copy of my project file every day to the Creative Cloud.  Just in case something went horribly wrong and I couldn't open my project, I could always step back to the day before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

Any ballpark on when the next update will be out?

Please forgive the whining, but: This bug is beyond frustrating... glad to know it's being worked on, but I'm about to be on the angry side of things.

It may seem minor to some people but it's extremely amateur hour to have a simple, yet -essential- function not working. It's turning what should be a 3-10 second process into a 30-90 second process and killing momentum... which turns into a 3-5 minute waste of time of getting back into a flow and, sometimes, re-finding your train of thought. I am very impressed with how the Adobe team pays attention and keeps aware of these bugs, so, thanks for that... but sometimes it seems that: for every awesome, super clever feature, there's an essential, super basic editing feature that is broken... and my patience is really getting stretched thin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

I'm really sorry this is setting you back.

Unfortunately, I can't be specific about the release date of the next version of Premiere Pro CC. The team has already put out two updates since Premiere Pro CC (7.0), so you can be sure it won't be too long from now.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that update going to fix this match frames issue?

We've just had an update, that didn't fix it - so I thought I'd ask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least two Match Frame bugs that were fixed in the CC7.2 update. One is specific to merged clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using merged clips (made with Prores 422 files). I have some audio in my timeline from a merged clip and I am hoping to match back to the original audio. When I hit 'F', the correct frame of audio does appear in my source monitor. However when I try to splice the video back into my timeline a random section from elsewhere in the clip is spliced down instead. This happens time and again, with different clips, no matter what I try with in-points, play head position, clip selection etc. It really does seem to be broken. I am very surprised that this has not been fixed - match-frame is such a vital editing tool. Any news on this would be great. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just duplicated your bug. I've never worked with merged clips before, but I started a job yesterday that required it, and you're right, match frame doesn't work. I don't have any solutions, but thought you might want a sanity check. Probably needs a bug report. For the record, I'm using Premiere CC 2014.0.1 on Mac OS 10.9.4, using ProRes 422 files like you. I had this problem before, with clips sent over from Prelude, but it got fixed. Guess it needs more attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big relief is that it seems to only apply to sub-clips, my original merged clips seem to be behaving themselves so far. Not ideal but for a moment I was actually thinking I wouldn't be able to get the edit done (or would have to spend another 3 days syncing in another NLE). Maybe something dodgy happens to the timecode information when you make a sub-clip.

By the way thank you for taking the time to replicate what I'd done, it is really reassuring to know I'm not the only one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update out today is encouraging. The interface looks cool, but more importantly someone has been trying to address the problem!

You can now basically match-back to merged subclips and splice them back into the timeline without too much hassle. The only slightly odd thing is that when you match back and set in and out points in the source monitor the time-marker (or whatever it's called) leaps about to bizarre places. A bit annoying - must be a residual trace of the timecode mis-match that Premiere seems to have with these merged clips. But on the plus side it means that subclips are no longer a waste of time. I'm actually glad Adobe have released this fix without it being 100% perfect - means we can get some work done while they're fixing it. If anyone from Adobe reads this, thanks very much. Hope it's working for other people too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct that we fixed several bugs involving merged clips and particularly subclips of merged clips, but we were not able to nail all of them.

In general, I recommend that you avoid inserting markers in merged clips until we resolve issues remaining in that area.

Thanks for your patience as we attack these problems incrementally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines