• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

match sequence settings to clips

Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USing PP CS6, I imported a lot of clips into a new video.  Most were slow motion, so I chose a template I'd made for that purpose.  I moved the clips that were not slow motion to the end, as they don't match and show to play at one size but are twice as big when stopped or exported, so I excluded from this video to make a new one.  

I'd done this before but can't remember how to match.  I created a new sequence and copied and pasted the clips I'd moved to the end of the previous sequence.  They are still the wrong size and I can't remember how to change to match from this point.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scale to Framesize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the sequence setting correct so I can stabilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6 the sequence has to have the same resolution as the clips otherwise you cannot use the WS.

If the clips are different from the sequence setting then nest and add WS to the nest.

I would do all the stabilizing separately, export to an intermediate format and use those clips in my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had asked what nesting was and if CS6 had it, when I came accross several post threads referring to it.  In another post I asked about an intermediate export and you said I would lose quality. Here you are recommending doing so?  I don't know why this is in italics, I can't turn them off by clicking the I again. 

I previously had started a new sequence within one which had clips of a different resolution.  I think they were grouped in the panel at the left and I dragged in and it automatically reset to the correct resolution, or was subsequently in a simple step to correct the resolution.  In the present situation, regular and slow motion were mixed in the import.  I moved all the normal motion to the end, separated from the slow motions which I organized and edited as desired and exported. 

I had also organized the normal separate group at the end, cutting and organizing and when I created the new sequence copied and pasted, rather than dragging from the left panel as in the 1st case, because I didn't want to lose the order or cutting.  Is not dragging why they retained their wrong resolution and I can't seem to change it?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines