Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mavic Pro Drone Export Issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having issues with an export on a video. All my drone shots after export end up playing back super choppy, but the rest of my Sony A7III footage is ok. Weird thing is that previous exports on my drafts of the video were fine and not choppy, however after adding an edit to my Sony footage, after exporting only the drone footage becomes choppy.

Drone Video plays back smooth as butter in the editing timeline. Sequence and export settings are the same at 23.976 fps...

I've tried reinstalling Premiere Pro and Media Encoder but no luck. I also ended up taking another random drone shot that has exported fine beforehand and overlaying it on top of my footage. After exporting its also choppy even though in the timeline its smooth as butter. My current footage is all stored on an external hard drive.

System Specs:

Ryzen 3900x

64GB RAM

RTX3070

Any ideas what the issue could be?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Ok,

Transferring the footage from my external HDD to my internal SSD did the trick. I guess the hard drive was got too slow to keep up with the export...

Thanks everyone for pitching in with advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ExportMedia.PNG

Export Settings for the Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mackey,

What are the frame rates of your:

Sequence:

Drone Clips:

Export Settings:

If you've slowed down your drone clips, it might also help to know the Time Interpolation or Frame Blending mode for the sequence and the export. In the sequence, you can find that by right clicking on the slowed clip and selecting Speed/Duration. In your export settings, it's toward the bottom. Look at the Time interpolation.

Time Interpolation.png

If you've significantly slowed your drone footage and you recorded at a low frame rate, you may have better results with Optical Flow. It will take longer to render but tends to provide smoother results when slowing clips down below 70% if you don't have enough frames.  For example, if your clip is 60fps and your timeline is 30fps, you can safely slow down to 50% and not worry about Time Interpolation. But, if your clip is 30fps and your timeline is 30fps and you try to slow down to 50%, then you're only giving the sequence 15fps and the computer has to create the additional frames. Time interpolation tells it how to create those frames. Optical Flow tends to be smoother but does take more time to process.

Providing the information requested above will help to assess potential issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Drone FPS: 23.98

Sequence: 23.976

Export: 23.976

I've tried exporting under all different time interpolation options but no luck. I did not edit the speed of any of my drone footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. No slow motion and, though the frame rates are not an exact match, there's nothing alarming there.

What are the specs on your drone footage?

What make and model drone?

Container (ex: mp4):

Codec (ex: h.264):

Bitrage (ex: 80Mbps):

Resolution: (ex: 3840x2160)

Is this footage on a fast drive or SD card?

What are your full sequence settings? Probably easiest to post a screenshot.

Would you also post a screenshot of the export settings you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

DJI Mavic Pro 2

Container: mp4

Codec: H.265

Bitrate: 100Mbps

Resolution: 3840x2160

This footage is stored on an external 2TB Seagate Drive. It should have up to about 110Mbps Read/Write Speeds.

The thing that is tripping me out the most is that it plays back fine in my timeline and seemed fine two days ago when exporting. I even had a separate file for the export that worked properly a few days ago but now the drone footage in that video is also choppy after export. 

Even in a new project all of my drone footage I've been able to export fine without any issues is now super choppy. However when I go on an old PC with 2019 Premiere Pro, footage renders fine... is this an issue with 2020 Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bitrate settings for H.265 udh are way too low.

Use a preset and see how that goes.

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Make sure the Default input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using 4K UHD preset did not help. Maxing bitrate setting manually also did not help.

Changing to H.264 in the export and maxing out the bitrate there didn't help either. On every single export I've tried where the drone footage is choppy, the "choppiness" is the exact same in each video. Some parts of the footage stutters a little bit and there are whole clips that just freeze up. But once the video gets to my Sony footage, playsback flawlessly.

Really confused as to whats going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,

Transferring the footage from my external HDD to my internal SSD did the trick. I guess the hard drive was got too slow to keep up with the export...

Thanks everyone for pitching in with advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well darn, I moved my working files over to SSD along with my source files also. I re-exported and VIOLA it all worked with no choppy output!

Time for a bigger SSD! Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine are exactly the same. This just started happening. Never had an issue before. What was the resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines