• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maybe accidentally erased my project.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded up my recent project, without realizing that the external harddrive that has all my clips and ongoing progress wasn't plugged in. So when I laoded the project, nothing showed up, and it must have immediately saved, because now when I do have the harddrive connected, still nothing comes up as the half finished project I was working on. For some reason there is only one autosave for this project, and when I load it, it has my files that I used for the project, but none of the editing progress that I spent hours on is showing up in the timeline.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't panic: while you may have deleted something, it is more likely you are just not seeing it. First, I would thoroughly search the drives (internal and external) for any project files (.prproj). Don't rely on the list that PR shows you when it opens.

Were your project files on the external drive or internal?

Are your media files still on on the external drive? They should be.

The media files may just be "offline."

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand  that you did not delete your project but opened it and saved it while the mediafiles were offline since the drive was not attached. If that's right, do this:

Open your project with the external drive attached.

Mark everything, every folder, every file, click right, choose "Link Media".

Activate "Relink others automatically", choose the first file in the list an click "Locate".

Point the program to the first file in the list. Activate "Display only exact matches", that makes it easier to find.

Normaly the program should now find everything back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a sequence in the Project Panel that is not opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines