MBP M1 Max 64GB RAM with Monetery, latest Premiere CC fresh installation, freezes all the time !

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointment and frustrations with Adobe product. Premiere freezes all the time for a few seconds and comes back alive. Impossible to work on important projects!

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey M.,

Sorry to hear that. I have an M1 MacBook Pro, and it is a great machine so far in my experience. Something must be up with your specific project. Do you mind if I ask you about your project? 

Do you have a lot of video tracks? How about GPU accelerated effects? Color correction on Adjustment Layers? Do you have a lot of audio going on? What kind of media are you using? Is the media scaled up or down? Can you playback smoothly if you render the timeline? I apologize for all the questions. Let me know more details so I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Kevin,

Thanks for your message.

Some 4K files scaled down for 1080p 25fps. 10-bit file from A7iv. some graphics from TOKO. Color correction and basic editing.

When you detach audio from video and delete video or audio Premiere freezes 2-3 second.

Sometimes just randomly freezes for 2 seconds.

I have two LG 4K screens attached with USB-C directly to MBP. If I use MBP screen also  and save the project can't open the project when MBP screen is active. 

Thanks,

Milovan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does Pr perform if you temporarily use just the MBP screen and not the LG screens?

How does it perform if you use the MBP screen and just one of the LG screens?

Have you tried running Pr under Rosetta? Or natively if you are already using Rosetta?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With MBP only I can open project.

With MBP screen and one or two LG's screens I can't  open project.

with 2 LG screen without MBP screen is also fine.

If you reset settings then you can open project.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not running Pr under Rosetta only natively !

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try running Pr under Rosetta. There may be a conflict between displays that the built-in graphics of the M1 chip can't handle natively.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@M.23772777hgxe wrote:

If you reset settings then you can open project.

It may be worth spending some time to discover which setting is getting changed that causes the project not to open.

You should also try resetting your workspace(s) once you get a project to open.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i read there was a new monteray update that just came out that fixes gpu issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all latest updates.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the premiere beta which fixes some gpu issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today Adobe released a new update for Premiere. Next week I am having another small project so this is the time to see if my issues are resolved. I will keep you posted.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines