• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MD5 in Premiere v.22.3.1

Guide ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone checked the introduction of a new feature for verifying copied files for MD5 production in Premiere v.22.3.1??? When I activated this feature, ME opened and began to create hundreds of copies of my original files. What kind of madness is this??? I am familiar with this MD5 reconciliation capability, which is a production standard in the film industry, but, excuse me. This function should create a text document with the information displayed in it. Everything. No copies of the originals and cluttering of hard drives. Respond

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is supposed to operate exactly like the MD5 verification in the MediaBrowser Ingest panel and in Prelude.

Check the MediaBrowser's MD5 operations, if they're different, please post!

Oh ... two important things.

• You have to carefully scroll down and unstar anything starred in the center section of the Import page or that will be imported though you never intended to.
  • ALL subfolders of any folder you import via the center sections will also have all contents imported, which can be a huge number of files you didn't expect.

You have to be careful of both 'stars' and folder structures. It may be simpler to use the MediaBrowser's Ingest process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, something needs to be done about it before it is massively applied. This requires adjustments on the part of the developers. The Import page has not been finalized.
Neil, tell me how to do it correctly so that there is no chaotic copying of copies of the original through the Mediabrowser you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even understand the question. As I've said, don't import using the Import page, they never expected advanced users to use that page.

It isn't built for advanced workflows. Simply create a project, give it a location, click Create. Skip all the import options, they aren't designed for you.

Then import exactly as you always have done with either the Project panel or the MediaBrowser.

The MediaBrowser panel is the same as always. Nothing on that panel has changed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, I wanted to use MD5. This is a new feature on the Import panel. In this setting (see the screenshot) there is no flexibility in setting up. There should be a possibility to create a text file displaying the amount and listing the names of the clips that are copied to the project. According to the idea, this feature is needed when transferring material through the Project Manager panel, and not here. I don't understand what developers are thinking when they introduce new features. I'm surprised

Screenshot 2022-05-03 015001.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I know. But what result do you get when you use the MD5/w cheksum on the MediaBrowser panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are the very copies of my hundreds of uploaded files to the project. The Media Encoder window opens and copies of my original files are created. This is crazy. In fact, take DaVinci and see how the MD5 function works there. Just the way it should be. And by the way, it is in DaVinci that it is placed in the right place, and not when importing. In general, this opportunity should be placed when transferring material to a colorist or a VFX artist or a sound engineer. It is in it that the information about the transferred files will be reflected. If you know, you will not be able to transfer the material without this opportunity to confirm the reconciliation of the material. All productions in the film industry demand it. But it is still not implemented here in Premiere. It is sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines