Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Meaning of certain tags in an EDL

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have to work with an EDL at the moment but I don't have any knowledge about what the tags stand for.

Can someone tell me what the meaning of the values in  <start> <end> and <in> <out>are?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

what are you using the edl for?   Of course, I've been doing this stuff for a very long time and was a grandmaster of edl design...  but it's been a very long time since I've had to dig into the process.   I'm guessing start is for starting timecode for your source clip section as used in the timeline, and end is for ending timecode for your source clip in the timeline and in and out refer to the placement of the clip in the sequence...    If this doesn't make sense to you, you'll need to do som

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are you using the edl for?   Of course, I've been doing this stuff for a very long time and was a grandmaster of edl design...  but it's been a very long time since I've had to dig into the process.   I'm guessing start is for starting timecode for your source clip section as used in the timeline, and end is for ending timecode for your source clip in the timeline and in and out refer to the placement of the clip in the sequence...    If this doesn't make sense to you, you'll need to do some exploring of the premiere interface to be able to display source and sequence timecodes in the program monitor after turning "overlays" on in the wrench menu for the program monitor.    One thing that can be confusing is that the out timecode for a clip in the sequence is the same as the in timecode for the next shot and the end timecode for the source is the last frame's of the clip plus one.   I used to be able to explain why, but it's been way too long.  Just trust me, that's the way it has to be.

And then of course, there's the issue of drop frame and non dropframe timecode...    but that's hopefully something we don't need to go in to today.  But post back if you need that info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. This helped me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines