• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Cache Directory not found

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open Premiere Pro 2020, a window saying "The Media Cache directory was not found or is not writeable." At first I ignored it but when I tried to import media the media would not import into the window. I tried doing the same thing on antoher laptop and it worked. I've tried everything. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have an OS permissions issue to resolve on the drive where you have the media cache/cache database files set to be stored. So ... in your Edit/Preferences/Media Cache tab, check where those are set to go. Then either use the OS controls to set permissions for those folders, or select to go to a different location.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to utilize this method however, I am still confused and cannot import mp4 files at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you ever figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines