Media Encoder causes Essential Graphics asset error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom .mogrt file in AE, and it loads fine in Premiere. However, it seems to 'lose' the background graphic asset that's built into the .mogrt file. It works sometimes, but then suddenly 'forgets' and instead of the embedded graphic (a .mov file), I get a static color bar slate, that persists through rendering.

I suspected it was a problem related to Media Encoder, as when I rendered straight from Premiere (i.e. command M, then Export) it worked fine. Only when I went to the Media Encoder queue did the errors start.

This is most frustrating, as I prefer to use the render queue to allow me to keep working in Premiere, rather than have to suspend editing just to wait for rendering to finish.

Hey Adobe! There's something in Media Encoder that 'breaks' Essential Graphics asset links. Please fix it!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018
How about working the settings in your computer? In ME's Preferences, is "import sequences natively" checked? If so, uncheck it.Neil

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just queued over to Me with a clip with type animated crossing it. And it worked fine.

Really puzzled.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turned it off I couldn't import any files at that point.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i discovered the solution today. Premier pro creates a seperate "Motion Graphics Template" folder in your "Premier Pro" >> "14" folder (Premier Pro >> 14 >> Motion Graphics Template Media)

In this folder you will find folders that were created with the .aegraphic file that Media Encoder is looking for. If you delete the folder or folders with the conflicting file name you can go back into Premier and load the .mogrt from Essential Graphics menu and it will create a new file location and link to Media Encoder. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everybody

Thanks to everyone for figuring out this phenomenon.

For my part, i'm still struggling with those issues. I created different mogrt's for our company. The export out of PP works fine. No mather the aspect ratio or resolution. The lower thirds however always render wrong, when exporting through ME. Working of a current and capable HP Windows Laptop here (haven’t tried it on a Mac yet).

I used some expression like "sourceRectAtTime(time)" and Anker point repositioning. Could this be the problem?

I followed the instructions described here. Still no luck 😞

Exporting through PP is definitely an option. It just ad’s an extra step to the process.

What am I doing wrong here?

Louis

2022-02-28 11_54_09-VLC (Direct3D11 output).png2022-02-28 11_53_48-VLC (Direct3D11 output).png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines