• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder causes Essential Graphics asset error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom .mogrt file in AE, and it loads fine in Premiere. However, it seems to 'lose' the background graphic asset that's built into the .mogrt file. It works sometimes, but then suddenly 'forgets' and instead of the embedded graphic (a .mov file), I get a static color bar slate, that persists through rendering.

I suspected it was a problem related to Media Encoder, as when I rendered straight from Premiere (i.e. command M, then Export) it worked fine. Only when I went to the Media Encoder queue did the errors start.

This is most frustrating, as I prefer to use the render queue to allow me to keep working in Premiere, rather than have to suspend editing just to wait for rendering to finish.

Hey Adobe! There's something in Media Encoder that 'breaks' Essential Graphics asset links. Please fix it!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

How about working the settings in your computer?

In ME's Preferences, is "import sequences natively" checked? If so, uncheck it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Hi Clément, Neil and everyone else

A quick update:

I've started to use the ExpressionUniversalizer for my .mogrts. It work's like a charm so far. Though it is an extra step, it certainly pays off. Everyone can use my .mogrts without a hitch. I even switched After Effects back to English.

It would be interesting to find out, if Adobe changed something about the way Premiere/After Effects talks to Media Encoder. Something might have changed while I was figuring out my workflow/workaround.

Liebi Grüe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just queued over to Me with a clip with type animated crossing it. And it worked fine.

Really puzzled.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turned it off I couldn't import any files at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i discovered the solution today. Premier pro creates a seperate "Motion Graphics Template" folder in your "Premier Pro" >> "14" folder (Premier Pro >> 14 >> Motion Graphics Template Media)

In this folder you will find folders that were created with the .aegraphic file that Media Encoder is looking for. If you delete the folder or folders with the conflicting file name you can go back into Premier and load the .mogrt from Essential Graphics menu and it will create a new file location and link to Media Encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

Thanks to everyone for figuring out this phenomenon.

For my part, i'm still struggling with those issues. I created different mogrt's for our company. The export out of PP works fine. No mather the aspect ratio or resolution. The lower thirds however always render wrong, when exporting through ME. Working of a current and capable HP Windows Laptop here (haven’t tried it on a Mac yet).

I used some expression like "sourceRectAtTime(time)" and Anker point repositioning. Could this be the problem?

I followed the instructions described here. Still no luck 😞

Exporting through PP is definitely an option. It just ad’s an extra step to the process.

What am I doing wrong here?

Louis

2022-02-28 11_54_09-VLC (Direct3D11 output).png2022-02-28 11_53_48-VLC (Direct3D11 output).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 
Just like Louis I tried every options mentionned here but none made the trick for me unfortunately.
I have controllers effect in my .mogrt files wich control the sizes of boxes depending on the size of the text in it, and these do not work at all when exporting through Media Encoder. 
Of course everything works out fine when exporting with Premiere Pro. 
There must be something I'm doing wrong, I don't know...
I hope we'll have an answer one of these days because I cannot use the full capabilities of such softwares, it's a huge loss of time. 
Thanks! 
Clément

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clément

I will be creating a whole bunch of .mogrt's in the futur. Was thinking of getting the "ExpressionUniversalizer 4" from aescripts. Hopefully this will do the trick. I'll keep this thread posted about my progress.

LL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that ExpressionsUniversalizer thing is a very good tool if you've got a bunch of mogrts from Ae to prep & check before deploying.

In fact, there's a TON of usable tools on A&E scripts for working in Ae and Pr. Most don't cost much and cut your work down AMAZINGLY.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 
I finally found my error and it's thanks to you! 

Mentionning the "Expression Universalizer" I checked it out not knowing what it was, and that brought me on the path.
My AE being in french, effects sometimes have accents in their name. In my case "slider control" is "Paramètre glissière"...
I just renamed all the occurences of the effect, re exported and re imported mogrts files into Premiere Pro and voilà (lol), Media Encoder understands the mogrt file just like I meant it.

Hope this will resolve some other user's problems if you guys have Adobe tools in languages with accents. Expressions' code and accents don't mix really well. 

Could not be everyone's solution here but it could come in handy. Didn't needed Expression Universalizer in my case. 

Thank you guys Louis, Neil and everyone that posted on this thread. 
Will save a lot of time! 

Clément

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, and thanks for posting! That's very useful information.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clément, Neil and everyone else

A quick update:

I've started to use the ExpressionUniversalizer for my .mogrts. It work's like a charm so far. Though it is an extra step, it certainly pays off. Everyone can use my .mogrts without a hitch. I even switched After Effects back to English.

It would be interesting to find out, if Adobe changed something about the way Premiere/After Effects talks to Media Encoder. Something might have changed while I was figuring out my workflow/workaround.

Liebi Grüess,

Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue.

My "Import sequences natively" can't be unchecked, what did I have to do ?

Thanks

ST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ST

I have been using the ExpressionUniversalizer. No issues up to this point. My last answer is further up.

LL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines