• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder not recognizing synced fonts

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Premiere Pro CC and Media Encoder CC 2018. Trying to export a project that had worked fine with previous version. The project uses a synced font, Futura. I tried unsyncing the font and resyncing it. Warning is "Invalid font family: Future, replaced by: CourierNewPSMT". Obviously, I don't want to use courier new.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Encoder error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one of the Futura fonts are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Futura PT Bold in this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After signing into Adobe to sync settings in both Media Encoder CC 2018 and Premiere Pro CC 2018, I was able to queue the project to Media Encoder without the font warning. I don't believe I ever logged in to Adobe in Media Encoder in the past.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm in Adobe Media Encoder:

File -> Sync Settings (or your email) -> Sync Settings Now

Worked for me

I didn't have to sync settings in Premiere Pro or After Effects - though other may have to depending on their setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... One week later

I had an issue with Illustrator fonts, so I updated all the apps (Including Creative Cloud), then restarted my PC - Everything working properly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd behavior from Media Encoder continues.. The warning about the missing font is back after Media Encoder crashed during rendering of the project. Logging in and syncing settings is not a permanent fix to the problem after all. It has crashed on me a few times. I thought it had run out of memory the first time, but am fairly sure it did not on the subsequent exports. Deleting the job, exiting ME and re-queuing the export works sometimes. Still looking for an answer to this and the crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's get some details about your system and project.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue too, based on the fact that I have a font in my project. I found that if I switched to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only in Media Encoder, the render would go through. Not sure what's getting CUDA hung up here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with this exact issue as well (2 years later). Working on Mac OS 10.14.5, Premiere Pro 13.1.4

Per GotGames suggestions, I tried syncing settings. I've tried Joshua's suggestion of swapping the video engine to render, but the problem persists. Pretty "interesting" that Adobe hasn't solved this issue after years of strife from its users 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can report that this still happens on my machine, with PP and ME 2020. No suggestions have worked yet, even tried opening Creative Cloud first, and trying differnt orders of launching the three. Font fine in PP, not in ME. Oh bother.

Update: ended up clearing ME queue, restarting, opened Creative Cloud first, PP, then re-exporting project to ME queue. Warning gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same bug here, but of course I'm sure Adobe will say it isn't a bug and it's a user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

05/18/2020

AME v14.1

can confirm that this is still a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here for this problem too. I have the most recent versions of PP and ME on a Mac w/ Catalina 10.15.5, which I'm using with some exercise files. I've restarted everything, including the computer, and then reopened everything in different order. Font still "missing".

Font in question is activated and usable in all desktop publishing programs. Just not in ME.

I have no idea why Adobe even has support communities - or their tutorials/help pages - all are worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing here as we got the issue too and it's surprising to see that it has not been resolved yet. 

It's March 2021, Still, I see the issue in 2021 too. Is there any solution given by Adobe for this? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if I render a project in Premiere Pro itself, the fonts render correctly. If I render it in Media Encoder, it ignores all the fonts and substitutes Arial for everything. No warnings, the only way you know is by viewing the rendered video afterwards.

SO MANY BUGS, SO FRUSTRATING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 😞

AME v15.1 (Build 42) on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm coming here for the same issue, tried everything in the forum here and nothing is resolving it. Windows 10 22.2.  it's quite sad that it is nearly mid 2022 and this is still an unsolvable issue for many. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022. I'm having the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about that. This font fussiness on export is a bug that affects some editors, as others have reported. Can you upvote this bug? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/36479989-get-media-encoder...

I will let the Media Encoder devs know about this too.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 2022.... still an issue 😞 

The only "fix" that has worked for me is exporting in premiere which is no fix at all. If thats the fix, what is media encoder good for???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 2022 and the issue persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 2022 and still struggling with the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2022 and still nothing
@Kevin-Monahan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines