• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder won't encode "PC_LOAD_LETTER.MP4" stuck in destination.

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a very weird one.

When I send any sequence or sequences to media encoder out of Premiere, I set the preset and then click on the destination. In the "filename" is "PC_LOAD_LETTER.MP4" ... which I definitely didn't put in there, nor ever had (I know the reference) ... If I delete it and leave it blank, I cannot save to any location. Even if I make a new folder or select a new drive, no go. If I leave it I can save out and it will keep the path then send the sequence to media encoder. However once I hit the play button to start the encoding it just forever sits, and not a frame is encoded nor is the preview enabled. I can stop it and quit out, I've cleared the cache, everything but a reinstall which is next. Whats super weird is no one seems to have ever encountered this. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey serrini,

Sorry about the poor experience. Which version of Premiere are you currently working on? Are you having this issue with specific export presets or all of them? Please share your system specifications (OS, OS version, CPU, GPU, RAM). Let us know. We're here to help. 

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to happen when selecting multiple sequences in a project and then choosing "Export Media" from the right-click menu.  Basically, the new version of the Export menu appears to be stuck using the Location from the last time you've exported a single sequence.  It should prompt for a folder rather than a filename when exporting multiple sequences at once, and I think PC_LOAD_LETTER may be default text that a developer had stubbed in (an Office Space reference?).  I'm experiencing this in version 22.5.0 (Build 62), but I'd imagine this might occur for any recent version of Premiere with that new Export screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi serrini & JRPereira1,

Thanks for reporting it.

This is a known issue and the Premiere Pro team is working on a fix. Sorry for the trouble.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw this too! 

This has to be an easter egg that a developer wrote into the code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines