• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder won't queue

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest build of Premiere CC. I can export sequences without issue but if I try to 'Queue' and send to Media Encoder, it won't show up. Basically, Media Encoder will launch automatically as it should be no job actually get's added...It just sits there. I've waited close to 30 minutes with no success. The behaivor is identical to whenever I just launch Encoder on it's own. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

The AME team is investigating similar reports from other customers. While they have not yet nailed down the cause, the workaround they're recommending is to clear your AME preferences. The easiest way to do this is to hold Shift while launching AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a neophyte with these programs but recall having queuing ability before updating to the 2014 version. I need to be able to select multiple I/O sections of a timeline and generate a queue so I don't spend ages watching a progress bar. Would there be a way to do a workaround for this? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was that that encoding window wasn t showing by default. I have to reopen it each time now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new iMac with 10.9.4 and each time I go to Export in Pr CC I get a message which tells me that there is a newer version of AME available but I have the latest version installed. I've even tried to uninstall AME and reinstall but this doesn't solve this. I am wondering if this inability to recognize the latest version of AME may have something to do with the queueing as well. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's up with Adobe? All of a sudden, PP CS6 no longer works with AME. I Queue from Pr and AME launches with file in Queue. I press Render button, and it takes several minutes before anything shows up in a the Encoding tab. When it does, I get an endless "Connecting to Dynamic Link server..." message, before finally, after several minutes, it fails. Log states that it can't read the source file. I suspect this is a Dynamic Link issue, since the source file is exactly where the log says it should be. I've noticed recently that Dynamic Link hung up also when trying to send a clip to Ae to round trip effects back to Pr. I just ended up doing the work in Ae and imported it manually into Pr. So much for the heralded 'interoperability'. You spend a couple grand on CS6 Master Collection to have all the tools, and many of them have all kinds of issues. Au, for example, crashes 75% of the time when I open it. Reopen it again and it works fine. Ae often continually gives me 'program has stopped working' dialog with an option to quit, and many times it is talking about one of many instances it has launched in the background, and when I say 'quit', the main program I see just keeps on working. And now, out of the blue, Pr / AME queuing stopped working. It has worked, but that is the beauty of Adobe products: "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get", or if it is going to work when you have a deadline to meet. So, has anybody solved this issue? Seems it's been going on for some time now. BTW, I'm on CS6 on an HP Z820. Win 7 Ultimate.

And [expletive deleted] with that stupid-ass sheep sound when there is an error. Who thought THAT was a good idea. Probably the same [person] who wrote the interface between Pr and AME. I'm so fed up with crappy SW from Adobe. Wish there were other options. And they keep telling me I should RENT this crap?

=================================================================

Edited by moderator to remove expletive and offensive personal attack. Rant all you like, but try to be respectful to the people behind the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GrizzlyAK,

Sorry for your issues. This is a post about Premiere Pro CC and AME CC. You may want to start your own CS6 post.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. I just assumed that ongoing support for CS6 ended with the rollout of 'Creative Cloud'. I don't hold out much hope for getting a resolution any time soon. I suspect that if I wait long enough, it'll start working again, like it did less than a month ago. Keep us guessing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GrizzlyAK wrote:

I just assumed that ongoing support for CS6 ended with the rollout of 'Creative Cloud'.

Two things:

1. This is a user-to-user, not an official support channel.
  2. If you look around a little bit, you'll find threads going back way earlier than CS6. In fact there's a sub-forum specific to CS4 & earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Mark, I get it. Adobe doesn't really support their end-users (directly), they leave it up to us to debug their software for them. As a 25+ year SW engineer, I've seen plenty about how such 'user-to-user' forums work, with company employees lurking about, trying to glean something from reports by users trying to get their SW to work, pleas for help from the company, so they can maybe go and fix it. but hey, this is a 'user-to-user' forum, so we'll have none of that. I worked via email with the lead for Au over a year ago, outside the forum, and there is still no solution to the problem. The program crashes nearly every time with first launch after a reboot. Clearly, Adobe spends far too few resources on actually testing their products before they release them. Adobe is not alone in this practice, unfortunately. And why would they be, when you have thousands of users to do the testing for you and you can just sit back and watch the 'forums' to gather your debug input. Nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've resolved my problem thanks to post by @gagneh on this forum. It turned out to be the NVidia nView Desktop Manager applet found in the Control Panel. It was enabled, and I believe it has been enabled for a long time. I don't know if something in a recent update broke things, but as soon as I disabled the Desktop Manager, my dynamic link started working again in all aspects. Give it a try. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!! Finally! 

I have been struggling with this for a long long time and just this morning re-installed the entire CS6 Suite to no effect.  Disabling the NVidia nView Desktop Manager worked for me on Windows7 CS6.

Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Edited by moderator to remove expletive and offensive personal attack. Rant all you like, but try to be respectful to the people behind the programs."

should have read...

"Ignore your consumers all you like, but try to be respectful to the people who actually pay your salaries."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to chime in and say this is a REGULAR occurrence over here with me. Costs us a lot of time. Late-2013 MacBook Pro running Yosemite and latest version of Premiere Pro CC 2014. This also happened on 10.9 (Mavericks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sending the comps from After effects to AME. I've found a solution to "STAT QUEUE not working".  In the preferences box of AME, I checked the "Start queue automatically when idle for ...Minutes". And the queue starts. Till Adobe finds a solution, it's a workaround. But each time, I close the AME, it's hanging and I force quit.      

MAc Osx 10.8.5

adobe cc updated to recent versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... Go to preferences, try checking the box and put one to start in 10 seconds, it worked for me

Captura de pantalla 2014-11-10 a las 13.45.38.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I posted this possible solution elsewhere, hope it works for you...

I had a similar issue going from AE to AME on the mac, plus the queue would not start when something was set-up successfully. After bit of playing around i removed the following folder to my desktop (with AME closed):

Mac/Users/"MYUSERNAME"/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/8.0

with that "8.0" folder removed from the "Adobe Media Encoder" folder, i started up AME which basically rebuilt the folder again, and everything started working normally. I hope this helps you out!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my Mac - I tried this fix and it worked.

I had a similar issue going from AE to AME on the mac, plus the queue would not start when something was set-up successfully. After bit of playing around i removed the following folder to my desktop (with AME closed):

Mac/Users/"MYUSERNAME"/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/8.0

with that "8.0" folder removed from the "Adobe Media Encoder" folder, i started up AME which basically rebuilt the folder again, and everything started working normally. I hope this helps you out!

Note that it takes 2 exports to work, first to rebuild, second for the export to appear in the queue.

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Dan's method didn't work for me either.

Upon Export Media > Queue, AME will still open but just hangs there which

in turn causes Premiere to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having similar issues.

When opening "Export Settings" from the timeline in Premiere, I can apply all necessary settings and click "Queue".

This launches Adobe Media Encoder but the file doesn't show up.

I can click on the "+" in the top left corner and locate it, then add it that way.  It will render after clicking the play button.

I have tried multiple reinstalls (of individual apps, and of the entire suite as a whole including the Adobe Creative Cloud Installer).

I've also tried all the other options presented in this thread.  After removing the folder posted by dan_jarman (Mac/Users/MYUSERNAME/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/8.0) AME refused to render anything. PERIOD.  The play button would click up and down but nothing would happen.

I put that folder back and now I can at least continue to render, but only after using the "+" from within AME.

This wasn't an issue after Yosemite.  I don't believe I had issues until I updated the CUDA drivers from NVIDIA one day.

When opening After Effects there was a message that I used to ignore, something about "ray-tracing".  I decided to update the CUDA drivers as a suggestion from this warning, this may have been the downfall.  I can't be sure.

Does anyone at Adobe have an answer for this?

Why can't Premiere Pro send a sequence to AME and have it open correctly with the ability to render?

Yosemite 10.10.1

iMac 27-inch, Late 2012

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Running most current versions of Adobe products.

Thanks-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Using all the latest CC 2014 updates on iMac Yosemite, I can send one 1 sequence to the AME at a time. Every time I try to send a second it hangs. Every time, repeatable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me too.

Annoying workaround, but exporting hour long videos one at a time was a big pain in the arse.

Thanks for finding the solution Punker! Massively appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem. Windows 7 Machine. Very beefy, 8 core processor, 24 gig ram, etc....

I was able to queue but I stopped a nested sequence mid stream of rendering out of AME. Since stopping the one from rendering half way through I cannot get anything else into queue. I've restarted, opened AME holding shift down, tried different settings... I really want this back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mac 10.10. When I try to Queue from Premiere, Encoder would only give me Squeeze presets. I tried the trick of trashing the 8.0, 7.0 6.0 folders. Then I got NO presets.  Went to adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html. Click download under the Media Encoder icon. It warns me that it will erase the version that I have on my computer now, and all my settings for Encoder.  I clicked OK. Installed the new version - now everything is back to normal.  the Creative Cloud app manager says Media Encoder needs to be updated, but I don't think I'll click the "Update" button. If it ain't broke don't break it. If someone else wants to try let me know how it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ill maybe try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve the problem by unchecking the Import sequences natively box. Now it works normally, I can queue to it and import Premiere projects into it.  Adobe forum.jpg

I'm on Macintosh OS X 10.8.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem for me.  Although one workaround I discovered that works really well if you need to batch encode multiple sequences is just to launch Media Encoder go to the file menu and select "Add Premiere Pro sequence."  You can then pick a project and select as many sequences as you'd like.  This works for multiple projects as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines