Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media exits folders when I import

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Having an issue when I import media. My media is currently saved on my hard drive in one folder, and in this folder are several different sub-folders. When i go to import the media, all of my files are dragged out, leaving hundreds of separate files in my project tab.

How am I able to keep the media inside the folders when I import? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention that there are sub folders of the sub folders, so around 35 folders in total, which would take quite a while to import them all separately. 

I've been able to do this on previous versions, was currently working on 14.0 and upgraded recently. Have adobe removed the feature which allowed you to import all folders at once? This seems very backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some other threads on this - the new Import tab is a problem. I have not been following this closely enough, but the following is what I just got in a test of 22.6.2.

Use a sample project for testing. Import from Media Browser instead of the new "Import" tab.

I think what you will  see is all the folders you expect. HOWEVER, if you have only one file in a folder, it will be ignored. I found this was true if there were 2 files in a subfolder, but 1 of them had an error and was not imported.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stan is correct. The new Import "page" will flat-folder all imported files.

So when starting a project, you can just type the name, select the location, make sure NO files are selected in the middle files navigation panel, and no options are selected on the right side, then click "Create".

A new blank project file opens, and importing files from either the Project panel or MediaBrowser panel should work to import folder structures.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines