• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media isn't rendering previews and won't scrub (MacBook Pro, Big Sur)

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entire project was working fine last week, 8/1/21. Some media files are on my desktop and others were imported from Apple Photos. Everything was linked and previewing/scrubbing correctly last week without anty playback issues or missing media.

Today, the playback is getting stuck at any media file with an alpha-numeric file name, like these:

• AEC5DB21-3E97-4EF2-9439-DBE767610BBC.jpeg
  • DA554E3F-FDD8-4FB2-AE98-6A52E25AF705.mov

Any video files with these names are still working fine in the timeline:

• IMG_5078.MOV

None of the probelmatic media will render a preview, and the video playback stops when it comes across any of those files. None of these problematic media shows the Missing Media placeholder. I am not receiving any missing media error when I open up the project. I have tried opening prior versions from Google Drive and the same problem is happening with older files. I tried creating a blank project and importing all the media and copy/pasting my entire timeline, but that resulted in the same issue. I don't know how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'm very frustrated, as I've spent weeks working on my nephew's 6th birthday video. 😞

Thank you.

Gabe

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried clearing my Media Cache, and that didn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I manually reveal each of the clips/images in Finder, and re-import each one manually, it seems to fix the issue..slowly. But my media has duplicates of each. The Link Media option is disabled, and I don't know of another way to "re-link" or wake up all these clips and images without selecting each clip. I'm really puzzled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

others were imported from Apple Photos

By @GabeRealMedina

Did you save them to your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some were saved to my desktop and others were in my Photos Library, because I imported them. I had to reveal every single missing media in Finder to re-import it in order to finish my project. Lesson learned: always pull a copy of your media out of Photos Library so that you work with a stable, local folder that doesn't get the path broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines