• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media linked the wrong file - how do I get the right file

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't gone back to this project in a while and it didn't find certain files -- and when I went to locate them -- one of the files linked to a file that is incorrect -- how do "unlink" that file and get the correct file? It won't let me locate the file since it's already  been found.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Right-click in the bin, then "make offline".

Then right-click, "Link Media", select the Locate option in the next box, navigate to/select the correct file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click in the bin, then "make offline".

Then right-click, "Link Media", select the Locate option in the next box, navigate to/select the correct file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNLESS of course it's a Team Project ... then all this MUST be done in the Edit/Team Projects/Media Management dialog box process ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx, you just save me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this on my mac but didn't work

Here's what worked:

I moved the video files from their original folder to another folder, then premiere rush couldn't find it and I reconnected the right file from the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines