• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Manage with footage frame rate interpolation

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I get projects from other editors and sometimes the interpolation is not maintained so the clips are slipped to a different section on the timeline. For example, if the footage is shot in 60P and the editor interprets the clip as 24p to make it slow motion, then they send me the footage and the project file and the clips are not showing properly and don't remember the inertpolation that the editor assigned to them. 

Also, if the speed is adjusted it doesn't show the clip at all. And then sometimes it shows this... 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

screenshot.png

 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's honestly better to not interpolate the footage and to just slow it down in the timeline. It's kind of one of those best-practices when sharing. Because yes, whether it's you or another post production software, the interpolation in Premiere is not usually going to go well for others in the pipeline. Footage shot at 60fps can be slowed down to 40% speed in the timeline to achieve the same result without modifying the source interpolation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with Phillip. I work with a lot of colorists, who get their project in from FCP, Premiere, or Avid, and no matter the app, they have problems with this. Which is why they require an H.264 full encode of the sequence that they put over the track to be graded, so they can manually match both zoom/size/postion and time changes.

And unfortunately, a lot of it does end up being manually matching.

So you might request they also do a low-res H.264 export of the sequence and include that for you to check things out on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines