• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Offline After Exporting

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a video from my computer to Premiere Pro and made several edits to it. However, I got the 'media offline' screen after trying to export the video using the same name as the original file I imported (I was going to overwrite it). The original file is now missing from my computer, which means I can't locate it to make it back online on Premiere Pro. Is there a way to solve this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot overwrite a file that is in use in Premiere Pro. It will add a number to prevent overwriting original (common practice).

If you managed to do so anyway, guessing the file is gone.

Relink to new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish PP would warn beforehand that projects can be lost if overwritten. Other Adobe programs allow you to do so (even in video format), like Photoshop. I guess I'll just have to work on it all over again, given the original file is nowhere to be found on my pc, and remains offline on PP. I appreciate the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place a copy of your backup file in the location of the original clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I didn't have a copy of the original file before. It was replaced by a question mark on Premiere Pro, and it stayed offline after I tried to export. I can't find the original clip anywhere now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines