• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media offline waning...but none of the media is offline.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am experiencing an interesting problem when trying to export a video I just edited however when I try to export it I have a warning that the media is offline however none of the media is actually online, when looking in the media properties everything is normal. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Ethan. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

I found a fix! I purposely caused the media to go offline by moving the footage to a different folder. After that I relinked the footage and everything went back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this before, and if I remember correctly, I have found that this either refers to a file that isn't in the timeline, or to render files that have been cleared out at some point.

One trick is to type "offline" into the search bar of the project window, and this will reveal any missing clips.

Have you attempted to export the video? Usually, it will export just fine if the clips it needs are indeed online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched for offline clips but there are none to be found. I have tried offlining all the media and then relinking it but the problem still persists. All the clips show up and display fine when in the timeline, but as soon as I try to export I get the offline warning. If I proceed to export than mabey 90% of the film is just the red media offline warning screen. I tried just exporting using Premiere (Before I was using Dynamic Link to export using Media Encoder) while no warnings pop up, it gets stuck on 12% and then freezes all of Premiere resulting in a crash. 

I have attached a screenshot of both the timeline as well as the waning to this post. 

Permire.PNGME.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix! I purposely caused the media to go offline by moving the footage to a different folder. After that I relinked the footage and everything went back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this was a while ago but I just had this problem, tried so many things to fix it, and THIS was the solution. So grateful! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines